Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server on Monday and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Supervisors working

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by MenInBrown, Sep 25, 2019.

1. MenInBrown

MenInBrown Well-Known Member

Local 391 has now agreed to allow sups working. Doing full routes and loading trucks. Our great union at work making sure their members(sups) get plenty of work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  2. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

I hope that Big Union Guy....doesn't see this. If he does, you will likely be chastised for....not voting. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My building has allowed sups to work for years. Just as long as it is not "excessive".

4. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Yeah- they're just...."helping out". Lol.

5. MenInBrown

Yea that’s the response to everything.

6. MenInBrown

Which is the teamsters violating our own contract.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

wow, the large union fellow is not going to like seeing this

8. MenInBrown

Huge union guy lol

9. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

And you saw this in writing ? Because if not....

It's time for you to start filing some grievances, instead of complaining.

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

but but that would put a target on him.

11. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

It's easier to get on the internet to whine and blame the Union....

rather than stand up, and show the company you have some guts.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

And once they see you have balls they will eventually back-off and look for the next sheep. It boggles my mind how adults don't get it.

13. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

The union made an extra agreement tbat the union does not recognize as per the contract.
    Interesting........

14. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

Except for when mutually agreed upon by the local and the company. And I can see no reason the company wouldn't agree to working supervisors.

15. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

The local probably sits on them until the members forget they even filed them. And don't say it, I know your response to that is to run for office.

Which in all honesty isn't always a bad idea. But it doesn't negate the wrongdoing of the current leadership.

16. MenInBrown

I should have been more specific. This was done by Our BA. I will find out if it is recognized by all of the local 391. The amount of stuff that has been thrown out is ridiculous. Most of these are grievances that he told the drivers how and what article to fill out. Then when he meets with labor guy. They all get thrown under the rug.

17. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Training.

18. Saca La

Saca La What is it?

OG Drivers here fill out grievance so fast when it comes to sups working. One driver got a $3,000 grievance check the other day. Literally throwing money over here

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  19. Package Stick

Package Stick "Send it."

Our building has MASS amounts of supervisors working. I'm talking 100+ hours of straight work a day. They load, unload, set up work areas, intimidate members, etc.

My steward told me it was an unwritten agreement that during "low staff months" supervisors can work. I was told not to file by 2 stewards. I was also told to not file on a supervisor that attempted to intimidate me when I asked him why he was stealing my work (I shut a belt off, he started moving packages from it), they refused to have a steward come over when I requested it.
    Local 406.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Damn I'm in the RTW deep south and that won't fly down here. Low staff months sounds like an excuse to let sups work. We all know they don't want to work. They'd rather lay up in the office and play pocket pool. I'd file and give the poor saps some relief.