Supplement status

F

Frankie's Friend

As in all aspects of life you have bad apples.
There's no doubt, some peoples ego's get out of check.

But that's not the norm.-Bug-
I don't think @What'dyabringmetoday??? was talking about "egos" but I do remember the word corruption.

The OLMS reports didnt mention "egos" either.
More than "some" were busted and jailed for the other "e" word...
embezzlement.
Let's call it what it is.

Superteeth2478

I'm not sure whether @BigUnionGuy considers Stewards to be "elected officials"?....just saying.
They are sometimes elected officials depending on a local's bylaws. It's also my understanding of my local's bylaws that if a steward was appointed that if they are challenged a vote is called, so in that respect the replacement could be considered elected. I'm not sure about the percentage of locals that appoint vs. elect stewards.

Superteeth2478

There's no doubt, some peoples ego's get out of check.

But that's not the norm.

You're a steward.... does that indicate a propensity for you to be corrupt ?

I don't think so.

-Bug-
Being a steward isn't indicating a propensity to be corrupt. Being HUMAN is. Being a steward (or any elected official) simply gives you the power that increases the potential to become corrupt. And of course, as you rise in the organization the chances of becoming corrupt increase greatly. Which is what unconTROLLed was referring to when he said that as you look at higher levels in a hierarchy in an organization you see more and more corrupted officials.

F

Frankie's Friend

In the Teamsters Union ?

I don't recall any particular case, in which someone has gone to jail.

Anyone specific in mind ? I might remember it.
Screenshot_20190113-150411_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190113-150456_Chrome.jpg

Forgot that one??? Lol
Screenshot_20190113-150533_Chrome.jpg

Hmmm....
Screenshot_20190113-151157_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190113-150258_Chrome.jpg

There's more if you want to look for it.
Just because they didnt do jail time doesnt mean they werent convicted of wrong doing and there are issues still looming.

I still stand by my statement that it's on an individual basis that negative labels are applied.
The worst ones always stand out...unfortunately.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
View attachment 231021 View attachment 231022
Forgot that one??? Lol
View attachment 231023
Hmmm....View attachment 231024
View attachment 231026
Just because they didnt do jail time doesnt mean they werent convicted of wrong doing and there are issues still looming.

I still stand by my statement that it's on an individual basis that negative labels are applied.

Holy crap.

That hurts my eyes.... and, is from years ago.

The easiest way to change things, is at the ballot box.

Let's see that happen.

F

Frankie's Friend

Holy crap.

That hurts my eyes.... and, is from years ago.
Try August of 2018. Not even a year old... yet your eyes hurt.
Turn down the brightness.
Screenshot_20190113-170048_Chrome.jpg

By the way, "Jimmy the bull" was from 2016.

Maybe your Teamcare eyeglass benefit is no good?

Superteeth2478

View attachment 231021 View attachment 231022
View attachment 231023
Hmmm....View attachment 231024
View attachment 231026

View attachment 231041

By the way, "Jimmy the bull" was from 2016.

You'll earn the right...to criticize them...when you've run for...and won...an elected office...in your local.

F

Frankie's Friend

You'll earn the right...to criticize them...when you've run for...and won...an elected office...in your local.
And when I started paying dues it meant nothing? Your attitude is why the members dont vote.
"Until you've won an election you have no right to protest corruption in your leadership."
Go fish.

WTFm8

Went to the monthly meeting today,

CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA BALLOTS TO BE IN THE MAIL ON/ABOUT JANUARY 22nd.

They want the vote by end of Feburary.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Holy crap.
The easiest way to change things, is at the ballot box.

In 2018 the IBT showed it's members that it doesn't matter 1 :censored2:ing bit what they vote! The IBT will do whatever it damn well pleases and to hell with how the members vote!

You, of all the rah-rah imbeciles here, should know that you lying POS!!

Superteeth2478

And when I started paying dues it meant nothing? Your attitude is why the members dont vote.
"Until you've won an election you have no right to protest corruption in your leadership."
Go fish.
Bubblehead got it right, I was being mockingly facetious. I'm usually butting heads with BUG, not agreeing with him. Although he does admittedly know his facts. I just disagree with his oftentimes excessively gung-ho union attitude.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The seven Teamster local unions that represent UPS Teamsters covered by the Upstate and Western New York Supplement have reached a tentative agreement, and voting information will be mailed to members on Tuesday, January 22.

Voting will be done over the internet or by phone. Ballots will be counted on Tuesday, February 5.

To view the cover letter and summary of the Upstate and Western New York Supplement, click here. To view the supplement itself, click here.

Four supplements remain outstanding: Central Pennsylvania; Western Pennsylvania; Local 804; and Local 243 and Metro Detroit.

Got to www.UPSrising.org for more info. Download and sign up for the UPS Rising mobile app here to find the current UPS contract, along with all the UPS contract updates and other news.

Visit the UPS Rising Facebook page where members can see the latest updates. Text “UPS” to 86466 to receive text message alerts (message and data rates may apply).

here we go. Time for another NO!

The seven Teamster local unions that represent UPS Teamsters covered by the Upstate and Western New York Supplement have reached a tentative agreement, and voting information will be mailed to members on Tuesday, January 22.

Voting will be done over the internet or by phone. Ballots will be counted on Tuesday, February 5.

To view the cover letter and summary of the Upstate and Western New York Supplement, click here. To view the supplement itself, click here.

Four supplements remain outstanding: Central Pennsylvania; Western Pennsylvania; Local 804; and Local 243 and Metro Detroit.

Got to www.UPSrising.org for more info. Download and sign up for the UPS Rising mobile app here to find the current UPS contract, along with all the UPS contract updates and other news.

Visit the UPS Rising Facebook page where members can see the latest updates. Text “UPS” to 86466 to receive text message alerts (message and data rates may apply).

here we go. Time for another NO!
Any changes from the first proposal?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Just read it. Looks like a mirror of the first. But, the first had lunch break down to half hour. Now it will be voted on in each building. For either a 30 or 45 minute lunch break