Supplemental Agreement Question

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by lovey, Aug 30, 2013.

  1. lovey

    lovey New Member

    I am filling out a grievance for the hubs (seniority violation) and need to find a copy of the updated Nor Cal Supplemental Agreement to make sure the Article and Section #'s haven't changed or had their verbiage modified. Does anyone know where I can find that? I would hate to assume it is all the same and just file it, only to lose on a technicality. Thanks!
  2. stink219

    stink219 Well-Known Member

    Are you serious man? You know all the Master's, Supplements and Riders are on the IBT website?
    Look at the right side of the page.
  3. WESLA

    WESLA It is what it is

    Wait. I thought we were still operating under the old contract until all these supplements are worked out?
  4. stink219

    stink219 Well-Known Member

    We are. So I'm not really sure what he's doing.
  5. East coast navy

    East coast navy Veteran

    If your not sure what the article or section # is, just put under supplement or master agreement. The BAs will figure out the rest. I've seen so many Grievances go south when they are filled out wrong. This will cover your bass.
  6. Johney

    Johney Well-Known Member

    I'm not a shop steward, but when you file a grievance don't you put the article #(you think it is)then put "any and all others that apply"?
  7. 8Keys

    8Keys Member

    When I file a grievance, it is very simple and to the point. If they needed a legal brief, it would surely be the job of the business agent or a union lawyer. My only concern is that the steward, agent, and management understand the situation in order to settle it. I've only filed a few grievances, but all were settled in my favor.
  8. Anonymous 10

    Anonymous 10 Guest

    Don't you have a copy of the contract??
  9. grgrcr88

    grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

    We are still under the old contract until all supplements and riders are approved. Use the same one you been using. If your still not sure ask your steward and put all articles that apply.

    HOTELDUNORD New Member

    ​Yes, we are still under the old contract, you will use those Articles and Sections. Be short and precise in your remedy. You can always talk about the situation in more detail when your grievance is heard.