Supplemental Income for UPS Management

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have noticed in the last 15 years (or more) that UPS supervisor/manager compensation apparently is no longer sufficient to support a family.

​As UPS cutback on management compensation, the number of management with side "jobs" increased dramatically.

I don't think it is as prevalent in on-car sups but elsewhere, it seems it is very common now.
The number of management working weekend or evening jobs or having an active interest in retail shops, restaurants, services, etc has grown exponentially in the last 15 years.
Any observations or examples of this in your life or other management people you know?

PS - I am aware that the Policy Book discourages this but people seem to sneer at the Policy Book these days and I'm not sure this policy was ever taken seriously.

hangin455

I don't know where you'd find the time. Only people working 9-5 are in BD. I could use the extra income but am too exhausted to even consider it.

curiousbrain

It seems to be more common on Preload jobs; part-timers obviously (I would think) work other jobs, but even my full-time manager(s) do extra jobs - most run a small side business doing small construction/landscaping, things of that nature. To a one, they all laugh about the "stress" on their other jobs.

bsmart

Almost all of the part-time people at UPS work another job.... I don't know any FT people that work another job.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I have noticed in the last 15 years (or more) that UPS supervisor/manager compensation apparently is no longer sufficient to support a family.

​As UPS cutback on management compensation, the number of management with side "jobs" increased dramatically.

I don't think it is as prevalent in on-car sups but elsewhere, it seems it is very common now.
The number of management working weekend or evening jobs or having an active interest in retail shops, restaurants, services, etc has grown exponentially in the last 15 years.
Any observations or examples of this in your life or other management people you know?

PS - I am aware that the Policy Book discourages this but people seem to sneer at the Policy Book these days and I'm not sure this policy was ever taken seriously.

Policy book! Lol

​I know many Business Managers and Supervisors that are involved in business interests outside UPS. It makes perfect sense. They get to work before 7 AM and leave at 6 or 7 PM. The middle of the day offers a perfect couple of hours to check up on their businesses. Nobody expects them to give 12 hours a Day to UPS.