support your local florist

browned out

Hello to all fellow UPSers. I am a package car driver(18 year UPSer) whose wife owns a flower shop. This is our attempt to get me out of UPS before my body is shot. It is going very well as we have been open 2 years and are doing a great amount of business.

The local news(channel 4 in Detroit) is running a Vote for the Best Contest . Your votes would be greatly appreciated. All you have to do is click below or copy and paste link into your browser. Vote for A One of a Kind Creation Florist. You can vote once per email.

If this violates any site rules let me know and I will remove post.
Thanks
http://wdiv.cityvoter.com/Contests/ShowCategory.aspx?contestCategory=938

705red

Browncafe Steward
Re: Life after brown

Maybe we can move this to ups discussions to help out a brother! More votes for sure that way. I voted for you, when will you know the outcome?

DS

Fenderbender
So did I, and I moved your post here to get it more traffic.
after all you are still officially a upser.

browned out

Thanks for all the support.(and moving the post) The contest runs thru September. My goal is to be out of here after this contract ends or my 20 year seniority date which is in 2009. This job is a lot less stressful when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.:thumbup1:

Thanks again.

ups_vette

I'd love to hear the conversation between the new boss (his wife) when she dispatches him over 9.5, doesn't take stops off him so he can attend his kids game, miss delivers a vase of flowers, wants a day off and is denied, doesn't load his truck in stop for stop order,or under pays him.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'd love to hear the conversation between the new boss (his wife) when she dispatches him over 9.5, doesn't take stops off him so he can attend his kids game, miss delivers a vase of flowers, wants a day off and is denied, doesn't load his truck in stop for stop order,or under pays him.
His wife sounds like a pretty smart woman! Way to smart to screw up like our management teams! If anything he might ask his wife to tell him hes worthless, belittle, and even swear at him every now and then so he doesnt get homesick from brown!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The daily ops. report will show him as Least Best Husband:laugh:

browned out

Yeah, my normal route is 160 stops and 90 miles. A busy day at the flower shop is 20 stops and a lot of seat time plus air conditioning or heat depending on season. The wife doesn't need to know about PAS or GPS. :thumbup1: