Sups double shifting as bargaining unit employees

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Just ask someone that works next to them
I have somebody in mind
Do you not have a steward in your building or something? Is there a reason you haven’t grieved anything?????
This just started this week I just I am writing one right now got a couple names
You should call your local union hall about this. Doesn’t matter what sort it is. Supes working is supes working. “They will burn out in a week” is a bad attitude.
I will file and continue to file until they burn out or find out about the grievances which ever comes first

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
At my hub things are so bad that the sups are doubling as loaders.There are basically being used as scabs to do our work.Is this happening at other hubs?
Few questions.

First, has management posted a sign up sheet for employees interested in extra work?
This would be in the form of sheets for both PT shifts, and one for the drivers.

Secondly, is anyone (a steward, likely) sitting in on the phone calls asking people if they would like to come in and pick up extra hours?

Thirdly, do they send any hourly employee home while a supervisor is still working?

A yes on any of those questions means you are likely able to win some of the easiest money you'll ever make at UPS.

Just remember. You are filing for penalty pay.
And one supe per person. Help the guy next to you make some extra money too, if there's multiple supes.

Swanson

Few questions.

First, has management posted a sign up sheet for employees interested in extra work?
This would be in the form of sheets for both PT shifts, and one for the drivers.

Secondly, is anyone (a steward, likely) sitting in on the phone calls asking people if they would like to come in and pick up extra hours?

Thirdly, do they send any hourly employee home while a supervisor is still working?

A yes on any of those questions means you are likely able to win some of the easiest money you'll ever make at UPS.

And one supe per person. Help the guy next to you make some extra money too, if there's multiple supes.
No sign up sheet

No phone calls

Yes I witnessed it this morning.

The money is nice,but the purpose is forcing them to give us an MRA raise like they've done everywhere else.They have not exhausted all options they've decided to scab us out instead.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
No sign up sheet

No phone calls

Yes I witnessed it this morning.

The money is nice,but the purpose is forcing them to give us an MRA raise like they've done everywhere else.They have not exhausted all options they've decided to scab us out instead.
You need to get with your steward ASAP.
The MRA probably won't happen, and given that it's not contractual, I don't care much about it.

But there are some massive issues there that need to get addressed immediately.

Swanson

You need to get with your steward ASAP.
The MRA probably won't happen, and given that it's not contractual, I don't care much about it.

But there are some massive issues there that need to get addressed immediately.
I texted the ba filed 3 grievances today.It is real shady the sups won't give their names move their cars around,and try to hide.I caught one slipping this morning and got a couple of names of ones that work other sorts.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I texted the ba filed 3 grievances today.It is real shady the sups won't give their names move their cars around,and try to hide.I caught one slipping this morning and got a couple of names of ones that work other sorts.
Your steward can request copies of the daily operations report.

Also, he'll probably want to file a protest if management is not informing him of which supervisors they are using for bargaining unit work.
They are supposed to promptly inform him as soon as they have exhausted their options and have to use supes.

M

MenInBrown

Few questions.

Thirdly should be removed. The BA tried asking me this. I said the person that’s sitting home and not being hired as full time is who got sent home. 😂

Your steward can request copies of the daily operations report.

Also, he'll probably want to file a protest if management is not informing him of which supervisors they are using for bargaining unit work.
They are supposed to promptly inform him as soon as they have exhausted their options and have to use supes.
It can also follow grievance on them not having a name tag

meritocracy

They are doing this here too. Supes in plain clothes working as bargaining unit members. Makes it a lot harder to spot them and nearly impossible for people who aren't on your shift to know that they should grieve them.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Few questions.

No

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They are doing this here too. Supes in plain clothes working as bargaining unit members. Makes it a lot harder to spot them and nearly impossible for people who aren't on your shift to know that they should grieve them.
You can spot supervisors working because they dont like to sweat or get dirty

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Do it. It's free dosh
Screenshot_20210903-054411-598.png