Sure post .... Is yours off the package car?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Only on days where we are over capacity. Otherwise we've been doing a lot of it.

Last night we actually had more surepost pickup volume than ground. I've never seen that before.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I wonder if it's done on a case by case basis.
Perhaps, I just know we've been doing a lot of the final mile deliveries. I haven't been told to tender more to the post office or anything like that. We have guys that want to work, if you're in the area you're going to get it.

By The Book

Perhaps, I just know we've been doing a lot of the final mile deliveries. I haven't been told to tender more to the post office or anything like that. We have guys that want to work, if you're in the area you're going to get it.
I'm hearing corporate decision,no choice.

oldngray

nowhere special

Does UPS pay the Post Office a dollar to complete each delivery? So if the driver is in the area anyway save the dollar by leaving it on the delivery driver?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Does UPS pay the Post Office a dollar to complete each delivery? So if the driver is in the area anyway save the dollar by leaving it on the delivery driver?
It isn't as simple as saving a dollar by delivering it. If we're paying someone 34 dollars an hour to deliver it, is it cheaper to have someone drive to the stop and deliver it? Or is cheaper to pay someone 34 dollars an hour to deliver it to the PO and pay them. It's a balance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It isn't as simple as saving a dollar by delivering it. If we're paying someone 34 dollars an hour to deliver it, is it cheaper to have someone drive to the stop and deliver it? Or is cheaper to pay someone 34 dollars an hour to deliver it to the PO and pay them. It's a balance.
So if I slow down at the post office it becomes more cost effective for teamsters to have the final delivery? ;)

10 point

"Proximity" stops in dense areas are still going to the p.o. here if there's only one pkg.
And then I saw rural single pkgs pulled into our system, that I was dispatched to deliver. Makes no sense at all.

This year's abuses aren't as bad as last yrs so far but it's not over yet.