Surepost and the next contract

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I gave heard only on here about being able to pull things but I don't think that is common knowledge.. I like the quarter mile number but not sure ups would go for it... Does the teamsters have a sure post committee?? If they don't they need one to meet with iOS quarterly on this...I personally believe the teamsters turned their back on this because ups had been hiring like crazy both on pkg and feeder. We had guys going driving after 1 year In package and feeder so it's hard to make a case for job loss when they have done so much hiring but the union got sideswiped on this... I going to be extremely disappointed if nothing is done about it next contract... I would forgo higher raised to get even 1/2 of that work back
Why would you forgo raises?

barnyard

KTM rider
So this is really only geared toward drivers who have a po on their route because I don't see the preload doing anything

We have 3 preloaders that sort PO volume and they have all received over size training also. The problem in my center is that the ones that do the sorting already have too much to do and not enough time to do it. If they pull a surepost package, they also have to do an exception to get a SPA label printed. If they are jammed for time, it is easier to just let it go.

This is something that stewards in all buildings need to stay on top of.

Brownslave688

So this is really only geared toward drivers who have a po on their route because I don't see the preload doing anything
If drivers start bringing back a ton of stuff I'm sure the center manager will make sure the preload starts grabbing stuff.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know. I get paid by the hour. It irks me that we are profitable. They are not.
This surepost and smart post is helping their bottom line. analysts say that they are growing because of their parcel side but they don't mention that it's because of ups and FedEx... That isn't brought up in the articles

Brownslave688

This surepost and smart post is helping their bottom line. analysts say that they are growing because of their parcel side but they don't mention that it's because of ups and FedEx... That isn't brought up in the articles
I think the parcel that is helping them is more within their own system. Not surepost and smart post.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have 3 preloaders that sort PO volume and they have all received over size training also. The problem in my center is that the ones that do the sorting already have too much to do and not enough time to do it. If they pull a surepost package, they also have to do an exception to get a SPA label printed. If they are jammed for time, it is easier to just let it go.

This is something that stewards in all buildings need to stay on top of.
I hear ya and that's good to know but to really get it to slow down it needs to come from the top with contract language from the international. What iOS considers a small and what some drivers do is a different story. For me a small bag yes a 10 lb boot box no!!

barnyard

KTM rider
UPS has the tech to do all this automatically. All these smalls go through hubs with scanners that are checking weight, size and all that. Worldship should not even print a smart post label for something over 8 pounds. Same with dimensional shipping. Once the dim is entered, if it is over, a plain ground label should be printed.

One would think that a HS kid could program that into Worldship.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Quite a few of those are packages we never had from accounts we never had.
I can't say for sure and not saying you are wrong but I don't 100% believe that....if fedex can suppously beat us on pricing any other time they should also be able to beat us on sure post pricing also..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It would be interesting to see how much ups and FedEx brought to the post office last year I'm sure many of us would be surprised