Surepost and the next contract

Overpaid Union Thug

I hate the SurePost topic. UPS, or anyone else for that matter, should not have to compete with a government entity. Especially when they are given special treatment by the federal government. The USPS should not be permitted to deliver packages. They can have their monopoly on mail. It's a dying business.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Wouldn't it be nice to hire more drivers, have more routes go in and let some of the hub rats have a chance to go driving??
We put up a permanent FT bid a few weeks ago. Not one signature. Looks like an off the street seasonal is going to get lucky this year.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Be even better if we just spread the work we have now out with new drivers so everyone didn't have to work 12 hour days. I agree with your sentiment though.
I understand that every company runs differently but you don't see the usps, dhl or either of the fedexes out as late as ups( except for mr. Monster and big sexy Dave) ...it would be one thing if these other entities mAde minimum wage but they don't...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Be even better if we just spread the work we have now out with new drivers so everyone didn't have to work 12 hour days. I agree with your sentiment though.
Ups feels that they can't compete if we don't stay out late... They can't compete unless 50% of volume goes to the post office.. They can't compete unless they micromanage the shi$ out of everyone...can't compete unless they take a pension away from a new sup...the sky is always falling here.. We only make a penny a pkg...they mind friend people here from day one .. Most of this is just a corporation thing and imo causes more problems than it helps...even if they changed everything stated above to a more reasonable state they would still make millions and in 20 years still be in business...

S

selfcancelsignal

If surepost packages originate at UPS, why is the PO address printed bigger than the address that it's going to on the label? Love it when it makes finding it in the PC more difficult, & also when customers come running back saying, "this isn't mine." "It sure is. Your address is the microscopic one listed a little lower on the package. Thank you."

UPSGUY72

Just curious on what you guys and gals think the union should ask for regarding surepost in the next contract . I know we need to have this service but as everyone on here knows( including the union) ups is abusing the program big time... Just curious is you have any ideas??

There was new training in the DIAD about Surepost last week or the week before. Seems like the union has started to put it foot down and is starting to make UPS play by the rules...

Holydriver

All I see is sure post tagging along with a ground stop... All this does is add to the bulk. Or on the occasion where there is 2 sp pkgs going to the same address which might happen once or twice a day... I have seen pkgs going to the post office and I have ground very close by sometimes only a house away... This should be going with us!!! And the union should have pushed language in the contract that no layoffs should happen if work is going to the post office... If the post office was giving ups their work the postal union would be livid... And it wouldn't happen..it would be nice to get some Hof and hall input in this they have to know the abuses
Looking at my truck daily, I feel confident that Ups isn't really losing much work

UPSGUY72

Looking at my truck daily, I feel confident that Ups isn't really losing much work

Are you for real... If you delivered to Post Office you'd have a different look at it...

Your truck being full means nothing... It would be full either way everyday... If less volume was going to the post office more routes would have to be put on thus they would have to hire more FT drivers. If you haven't notice they aren't, they cut cut cut....

Nike

You guys are morons for helping sort or really doing anything other than dropping off those surepost at the p.o. You might as well just deliver it at that point

Nike

We put up a permanent FT bid a few weeks ago. Not one signature. Looks like an off the street seasonal is going to get lucky this year.

You sound like this is a good thing, why would you want somebody outside the company with no training or understanding on anything to come be a driver. Further what kind of loser part timers work there that they dont want to become ft driver, the whole point of working here is to become ft