Surepost at apt complex

L

Littlearrowdown

My route has a lot of apt complexes, 1 address for 40 stops, just different apt numbers. I hate walking up 3 flights of stairs for a surepost package when the mailbox is at ground level. I know by the methods say front door, but surepost is shipper release, so can I leave it by the mail boxes at ground level?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If the mail was already delivered and you stick it in the box they probably won't know the difference but if something happens with it and and your name and ID shows up when they look who delivered it then it's your ass.

L

Littlearrowdown

Mailboxes are all locked, I would leave it on top or below the mailbox.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
My route has a lot of apt complexes, 1 address for 40 stops, just different apt numbers. I hate walking up 3 flights of stairs for a surepost package when the mailbox is at ground level. I know by the methods say front door, but surepost is shipper release, so can I leave it by the mail boxes at ground level?
Can you? Yes. Will you get in trouble if they do a DR audit? Yes

Overpaid Union Thug

According to the methods you can't. You must DR it at the front door of the recipient, indirect to one of their neighbors or the apartment office as a "Left At."

L

Littlearrowdown

I just irritating to walk up 4 flights of stairs for an usps package.

Bottom rung

Take it to the door making $34+ an hour. Be glad you have the surepost work as most of us don't. If you can get done faster they'll just give you more...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No

Quit being a lazy POS that gives teamsters a bad name.