Surepost being shown delivered by center team.

LIGUSA

Wonder if anyone else has been seeing surepost packages destined for the post office showing delivered, yet the packages are still in possession of UPS? Packages show delivered, not transferred to post office.

I have seen this on the UPS website regarding surepost. I see a lot of packages going to commercial address'. Target is one. I also see surepost packages going to The UPS Store. Seems silly since we are there twice a day.

UPS SurePost:UPS
UPS SurePost
1.gif

UPS SurePost® is an economy, residential, ground service.

This service combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wonder if anyone else has been seeing surepost packages destined for the post office showing delivered, yet the packages are still in possession of UPS? Packages show delivered, not transferred to post office.

I have seen this on the UPS website regarding surepost. I see a lot of packages going to commercial address'. Target is one. I also see surepost packages going to The UPS Store. Seems silly since we are there twice a day.

UPS SurePost:UPS
UPS SurePost
1.gif

UPS SurePost® is an economy, residential, ground service.

This service combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Surepost are supposed to be residentials only so I have no problem with them going to a box holder at the UPS Store.

I do have a problem with them going to Target.

Do you have proof of your allegations?

Surepost is a scam... This needs to be addressed on the next contract!!

Surepost is anything but a scam but I do agree that the restrictions need to be more clearly defined.

LIGUSA

UPS management is well aware of this happening. I should clarify, the surepost packages for Target, UPS Store, and others are getting delivered to the post office. The ones they showed delivered but were not was so they wouldn't show up as missed on the report.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS management is well aware of this happening. I should clarify, the surepost packages for Target, UPS Store, and others are getting delivered to the post office. The ones they showed delivered but were not was so they wouldn't show up as missed on the report.

Why would Surepost for Target and the UPS Store be going to the Post Office rather than being diverted back to us for delivery??

35years

Gravy route
In just 1 Surepost bag...
2 commercial pkgs going to a stop I was already going to.
2 resi stops (literally right next to each other) and directly across the street from one of my stops.
1 resi stop that I already had a package for in my truck.

If I see anyone but the post office delivering my Surepost I will file.
They are playing fast and loose with this stuff. Keep your eyes open.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

2 resi stops (literally right next to each other) and directly across the street from one of my stops.

Do you really think our vigilance will make a difference?

Coldworld

60 months and counting

If we really knew how many packages are being slip under the rug we would all be surprised it's probably millions a year...The union has no idea

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I have seen packages addressed to the UPS store going to the post office as a Surepost package...I doubt UPS even knows how many packages are getting swept under the rug...and it seems like the union doesn't give a :censored2:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have seen packages addressed to the UPS store going to the post office as a Surepost package...I doubt UPS even knows how many packages are getting swept under the rug...and it seems like the union doesn't give a :censored2:

Come on! They are fighting hard to keep union dues down!