Surepost Complaints from Family Friends, and Neighbors.....Listen Up Atlanta

worldwide

Atlanta

I receive more complaints about Surepost from my own family, friends, and neighbors than anything else.

what I hear is this ..." I'm paying for UPS but getting packages from the post office and they are not as good as you guys. What's up with that?"

so the money saved versus the tarnishing of our good reputation? Is it really worth it in the long run?

"Get The Big Picture"

You need to educate your family, friends and neighbors that if the package arrived via Surepost, they did not pay for UPS service. Regardless of what they paid for shipping, the company that shipped the item made a decision to choose a lower cost, slower service. Most likely the company did that because your family, friends and neighbors wanted either free shipping or the lease expensive shipping option available.

If your family, friends and neighbors want a premium ground delivery that is guaranteed and delivered to their door by a UPS driver 100% of the time, they need to request UPS Ground service ONLY when they place their order. They just have to be prepared to possibly pay a higher shipping charge. Which do they want - cheap but slower and not guaranteed or more expensive but faster and guaranteed?

Make sure your family, friends and neighbors know the facts and "get the big picture."

A

anonymous6

They aren't paying for UPS if they buy anything from Amazon. They are paying a flat rate to get it to them, Amazon picks the cheapest method and goes with that, be it surepost, UPS, or FedEx. Tell them if they want pure UPS or FedEx everytime, pay the premium on 2nd(still might go surepost) or NDA.

this is not always true. we order from jcpenny, and several other mail order catalogs as do our friends and family and these companies state in the catalog that they ship UPS.

A

anonymous6

I get asked several times a week why UPS delivered a package to the Post office instead of directly to the customer,and the customer is NEVER happy when they ask the question.

that's EXACTLY what I am speaking of.

A

anonymous6

some of you people are not understanding. we use companies that state that they ship UPS. when it comes usps my wife calls the company and asks why.

then she is told that under a certain weight it goes surepost which is kind of misleading as that is not stated upfront.

tre305

I hate sure post

I hate that drivers never bring back enough bags to last me a few days worth of bagging this crap up

I hate that some of the parcels are measuring 12x12x12 and bigger and therefore can't even fit in the bins, let alone wasting a bag with only one or two boxes

I hate that our scanners scan em off the trailers and put the damn pal label over the USPS tracking bar so then there's a big cart in the office the next day full of boxes that came back b/c they can't scan them

Oh yeah....I hate sure post

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What seems to be missing from this discussion is the notion of "protecting the brand".
Most consignees in the end, receive one of these boxes thrown on their porch with no regard for the package, and the first thing they see is UPS on the label.
We all hear about how we are the best and service is our advantage, yet this system allows the USPS to take a huge dump on our image.

Ms.PacMan

UPS doesn't need to become Amazon, they just need to figure out a cost effective way to deliver all of Amazon's packages, including the final mile.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
UPS doesn't need to become Amazon, they just need to figure out a cost effective way to deliver all of Amazon's packages, including the final mile.

We already can in densely populated urban areas, but unfortunately we have fallen victim to the stock market mentality where it is no longer good enough for us to do well.
Instead we have to consistently do better than the quarter before.
This is an unattainable goal, yet we are now bound to chase it as members of the New York Stock Exchange.

Last edited:
We already can in densely populated urban areas, but unfortunately we have fallen victim to the stock market mentality where it is no longer good enough for us to do well.
Instead we have to consistently do better than the quarter before.
This is an unattainable goal, yet we are now bond to chase it as members of the New York Stock Exchange.
friend¥(k w@[[$+r€€+

^^^^^^^^^
friend Wall Street

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Corporate doesn't care about individual customer satisfaction. Corporate Shipper (with big volume contracts) satisfaction ranks far higher. Whittling away at the relationship shared between package car driver and customer only helps the company in another strike scenario. We won in 1997 because corporate shills in expensive suits were squaring off against your friendly neighborhood UPS driver in the court of public opinion. Remember that.

Things in the court of public opinion has changed. That was before companies forced their workers to take pay freezes, while paying more for their healthcare, and topping it off by severely reducing their pensions-with little to no recourse to do anything about it. Thus they have become bitter, and even worst the prices of items and living are going up. Some know it is mainly corporate greed, but too many feel it's because "unions make the cost of things too much". The backlash would be horrible.

iruhnman630

I've lost track of how may times I have moved a Surepost package to a safer d.r. location. They do say UPS on them, afterall, and reflect on UPS.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Walmart tried doing same day service in some markets already, failed miserably. The only thing Amazon has is the lack of tax, great selection, and delivery. If they start popping up warehouses all over it will cost more overhead, in turn raising prices, and they have razor thin margins as it is. I don't see this happening personally, Webvan tried this and failed also.

Webvan might be back. Check out their web site and take a look at their parent company.