Surepost Packages

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
buddy of mine asked me if they can get fired if you really :censored2: up on putting the wrong surepost packages in different bags that go to different post offices. Which got me wondering too. Can they fire you for that?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
buddy of mine asked me if they can get fired if you really :censored2: up on putting the wrong surepost packages in different bags that go to different post offices. Which got me wondering too. Can they fire you for that?
If they fired everyone for mistakes ,, there'd be no one here !!
If confronted, be honest ! Yah I made a mistake , sorry !

barnyard

KTM rider
I delivered an incorrectly SPA labeled bag to a PO. I was told to get to the PO and pick it up so it went to the correct PO. Got there and the postmaster said, "Don't worry about it, we will sort it to the correct PO and it will all go out tomorrow. Just don't do it all the time."

Seemed reasonable to me.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I delivered an incorrectly SPA labeled bag to a PO. I was told to get to the PO and pick it up so it went to the correct PO. Got there and the postmaster said, "Don't worry about it, we will sort it to the correct PO and it will all go out tomorrow. Just don't do it all the time."

Seemed reasonable to me.
I delivered a smalls bag to a post office and they handed it to me the next day, say it's not theirs. Open it up, it's full of NDA packages and letters for the whole building, 4 centers worth.

ManInBrown

We're directed here to deliver any surepost misload to the closest post office. Wrong town or not. They say it doesn't matter. Working as directed. They've been doing that for about a year here.

Not a bag. If you have a delivery for a house, and they give you the surepost because you have 2 packages.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I delivered a smalls bag to a post office and they handed it to me the next day, say it's not theirs. Open it up, it's full of NDA packages and letters for the whole building, 4 centers worth.
You had to have had a little mischievous smile on your face as you were walking back to the truck with that bag!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We're directed here to deliver any surepost misload to the closest post office. Wrong town or not. They say it doesn't matter. Working as directed. They've been doing that for about a year here.

Not a bag. If you have a delivery for a house, and they give you the surepost because you have 2 packages.
Have you had any proximity surepost stops where you are delivering one surepost pkg that is near a ground stop..... We're suppose to be getting some work back this way but haven't seen anything like this at all....

ManInBrown

Have you had any proximity surepost stops where you are delivering one surepost pkg that is near a ground stop..... We're suppose to be getting some work back this way but haven't seen anything like this at all....
I really haven't noticed. The whole surepost thing pisses me off to no end. I really hope we get all that work back in the next contract. Trade Saturday's for all surepost work returned

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I really haven't noticed. The whole surepost thing pisses me off to no end. I really hope we get all that work back in the next contract. Trade Saturday's for all surepost work returned
Surepost is the biggest route killer we have...second to none without a doubt!!