SurePost Upgrade Available to Consignee?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I noticed on a shipment today that I was offered the opportunity to upgrade in a MyChoice notification e-mail:
We've received a package(s) for delivery to you shipped using a UPS service that is not eligible for UPS My Choice features because final delivery is being provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
For immediate access to your UPS My Choice features, select the Upgrade Now button to request delivery by UPS ($3.50 fee applies).

Upgraded packages will typically be delivered one day earlier.
Now the consignee customer has the opportunity to decide the level of service.

OK, now bitch about SurePost even though the service part has been addressed.

BrownBrokeDown

I noticed on a shipment today that I was offered the opportunity to upgrade in a MyChoice notification e-mail:
We've received a package(s) for delivery to you shipped using a UPS service that is not eligible for UPS My Choice features because final delivery is being provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
For immediate access to your UPS My Choice features, select the Upgrade Now button to request delivery by UPS ($3.50 fee applies).

Upgraded packages will typically be delivered one day earlier.
Now the consignee customer has the opportunity to decide the level of service.

OK, now bitch about SurePost even though the service part has been addressed.
Ok, i will. If it wasn't for Surepost, I would already be driving. HA.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You've actually been able to upgrade for a while. I clerk and I see usually 4 or 5 a day

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If you had a package coming that day anyways, wouldn't you be paying $3.50 for nothing because UPS is suppose to reroute via UPS regardless. I'm sure it would never work out that way but in theory maybe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you had a package coming that day anyways, wouldn't you be paying $3.50 for nothing because UPS is suppose to reroute via UPS regardless. I'm sure it would never work out that way but in theory maybe.

You are correct----if you have both a non-Surepost and a Surepost out for delivery on the same day the Surepost is supposed to be diverted and both packages delivered at the same time. If you have 3 or more Surepost those will also be diverted and delivered at the same time by us. Finally, if your neighbor is receiving a non-Surepost, your Surepost is supposed to be diverted back to us for delivery.

I wonder how many people actually decide to upgrade.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You are correct----if you have both a non-Surepost and a Surepost out for delivery on the same day the Surepost is supposed to be diverted and both packages delivered at the same time. If you have 3 or more Surepost those will also be diverted and delivered at the same time by us. Finally, if your neighbor is receiving a non-Surepost, your Surepost is supposed to be diverted back to us for delivery.

Bingo! That extra charge is just another scam that I am sure UPS is making bundles on.

By The Book

Upstate, I wonder what the close proximity equals in actual distance.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
WOW
This thread took a different direction than the OP's intent

Another point - Generally speaking, someone that has My Choice MOST LIKELY receives a lot of packages, at least enough to justify MY Choice. This could mean it would be highly likely they would receive the package via UPS.

Last edited: