SurePost

IJustWorkHere

Tomorrow I’ve been asked to come in at 8:30 to do a SurePost Run to the post office . I’ve never done it before . What exactly is it ? I normally take the Air Shuttle to the airport & there’s a time frame on that . Is there a timeframe with SurePost ? The center manager didn’t give me much info . Any info or pointers would be helpful.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
over here the surepost run is done in a box truck "masher" with well over 1000 pieces. It all depends on what PO it is, some get as little as 10 a day. You should be getting paid top ground rate though as an air driver.

Overpaid Union Thug

Tomorrow I’ve been asked to come in at 8:30 to do a SurePost Run to the post office . I’ve never done it before . What exactly is it ? I normally take the Air Shuttle to the airport & there’s a time frame on that . Is there a timeframe with SurePost ? The center manager didn’t give me much info . Any info or pointers would be helpful.

You’ll be throwing lots of bags of smalls into large metal or cardboard bins and get mean mugged by every “carrier” as they blame YOU for the massive volume that’s coming in.

IJustWorkHere

over here the surepost run is done in a box truck "masher" with well over 1000 pieces. It all depends on what PO it is, some get as little as 10 a day. You should be getting paid top ground rate though as an air driver.
Is there a time frame that they all have to be there or will I be able to kinda take my time with it ?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You’ll be throwing lots of bags of smalls into large metal or cardboard bins and get mean mugged by every “carrier” as they blame YOU for the massive volume that’s coming in.
Good so I’m not the only one who thinks post office workers are mean.
Just give me a name that I can sign on the board and I’ll get out of your hair; 300 pound guy sitting at a desk doing nothing
FFS just give me a name....

Overpaid Union Thug

Good so I’m not the only one who thinks post office workers are mean.
Just give me a name that I can sign on the board and I’ll get out of your hair; 300 pound guy sitting at a desk doing nothing
FFS just give me a name....
They hate getting out of their vehicles. That’s what they are thinking about when they see us dropping off larger packages that won’t fit in mailboxes.

onewithedd

I’ve been delivering there since we started the service and have never been rushed for time.

Ever since the Rona started I’ve been on my own at our post office, they are so shorthanded that they gave me the door code to get in, I get my own play pens load them up find someone, tell them how many I left, and leave!

On the real hot days they have one of those commercial carpet dryers sitting by the dock door. I open my bulkhead door aim that sucker in the truck, pop the bulkhead door and deliver the stuff then sort my car while it pushes the cool air through the car. Its so nice!

tech209

Easy couple hours burned just to scan and load onto their metal carts...... hope you don’t have a anal PO that makes you separate everything by zip

IJustWorkHere

Lmao thanks guys yesterday was ok . There was a bit of a time crunch only because I had 2 scheduled pickups following The PO . For the most part it’s pretty simple . I got in & got out .

Scuderia

They’re just like hub workers, they don’t care if you toss packages. So don’t bother pretending to care about the boxes like you do with customers. Just toss them mofos out your truck.

Whither

Scofflaw

That and at small POs occasionally getting blamed for taking the last open spot on the dock. "Goddamit I was just getting ready to use that!"

22.4 driver

You’ll bring a :censored2:load pieces to a post office . I’d rather get in and out the truck 180 times.

542thruNthru

That must be a smaller office to even think of asking that.

Actually it is our jobs. Its in the contract we have with the PO. If the OP you're delivering to has multiple zip codes we are to separate them.

Here most PO only deliver 1 zip code but we do have a couple we have to separate and it takes over a hour easy.

Its actually great though. We've filed to turn these sure post stops into one route. The guy drives to each one and scans and separates them then does like 60 resi stops after.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Actually it is our jobs. Its in the contract we have with the PO. If the OP you're delivering to has multiple zip codes we are to s
The offices I go to all need a 27ft truck.

650 pieces on a good day.

Mail handlers are nice though. Some will have empty APCs BMCs and cages ready for you.

And often times they run out of room for what we drop off.

Usually there for a while. But they would never ask for a zip separation. And I doubt I would honor that request with the volume either way.

542thruNthru

The offices I go to all need a 27ft truck.

650 pieces on a good day.

Mail handlers are nice though. Some will have empty APCs BMCs and cages ready for you.

And often times they run out of room for what we drop off.

Usually there for a while. But they would never ask for a zip separation. And I doubt I would honor that request with the volume either way.

I know we fought it also here but corporate came down on our center managers and told them its in the agreement and must be done.

Maybe its a different agreement by region but I doubt it. More than likely its just like here. No one not even the post office knows about it till someone up top tells them.