Surplus equipment

porkwagon

A cover driver left a magliner at a customer's home. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not allowed to get it back! They use it for their business now!

Several years ago when I got to a stop and opened the bulkhead, I noticed that I had left my rear door open and my hand cart had fallen out. I immediately drove back to the last place I was and someone had already taken it. Fast foreward to recently I found it on a porch while making a delivery to their apt. It was clearly the one I had lost, and clearly UPS property. So when I grabbed it, the customer had the nerve to protest to me about taking their hand cart. I said, "Want I should call the cops for ya?"

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What no one has yet to mention that most of the surplus equipment can be found in the center manager's or the DM's or Corporate's offices ?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
In my area they get thrown into a grinder whole. These days none are being scrapped with good engines any more. A bad engine is usually the deciding factor for pulling the plug.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I was told the reason they scrap the whole truck regardless of new equipment being installed is liability. They don't want any old equipment being sold and someone coming back to them later with a claim about something.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Nowhere even close.

Chicago would be " If I hafta count to tree Ima gonna call da cops".
My son wants to attend the University of Chicago next year. Have heard that if you get lost or drunk and wander N, S or West your suddenly in not so nice neighborhoods. Might have to teach him some of this Chicagoese.