Surviving the 30 days after they keep you after peak season

Hanz90

I’m new on here and it’s an honor to start sharing my stories as a UPS driver. The story is this. I applied to become a ups driver this past peak season. Did very well and finished everyday by myself and with a helper hear and there. They liked me and they liked the fact I came in early to sort my truck to ensure the job got done that day. January 10th I was supposed to make book but something happened and it eventually never happened. Supervisor told me that I have to scratch 5 days. Soon after I was scheduled a training route the following week and guess what. Something happened that day too where they couldn’t train me. Fast forward, to yesterday where my supervisor told me to not come in the next day. And mind you I was in my 24th day into my 30 days. It’s funny because they trained guys that suck and couldn’t finish their routes to train. And they started after me. They never asked for my ID or my uniform back. I was told they will call me when they are ready cause according to them I’m almost at my 30 days. This doesn’t make any sense. I would like some input into what’s happening here! Thank you!

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I’m new on here and it’s an honor to start sharing my stories as a UPS driver. The story is this. I applied to become a ups driver this past peak season. Did very well and finished everyday by myself and with a helper hear and there. They liked me and they liked the fact I came in early to sort my truck to ensure the job got done that day. January 10th I was supposed to make book but something happened and it eventually never happened. Supervisor told me that I have to scratch 5 days. Soon after I was scheduled a training route the following week and guess what. Something happened that day too where they couldn’t train me. Fast forward, to yesterday where my supervisor told me to not come in the next day. And mind you I was in my 24th day into my 30 days. It’s funny because they trained guys that suck and couldn’t finish their routes to train. And they started after me. They never asked for my ID or my uniform back. I was told they will call me when they are ready cause according to them I’m almost at my 30 days. This doesn’t make any sense. I would like some input into what’s happening here! Thank you!
It will be slow until vacations pick up in about a month, and they cant qualify you unless they are working everyone that already has seniority.
Are you sure they are passing you up to qualify others?

rod

Retired 22 years

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sure they loved you. They love everyone who works for free

Hanz90

It will be slow until vacations pick up in about a month, and they cant qualify you unless they are working everyone that already has seniority.
Are you sure they are passing you up to qualify others?

I know I started before them. So by definition I have more seniority then them. However I went up to HR and asked for a transfer because I thought I wasn’t getting a fair shot. I’m guessing HR told them what I said and it ruined my chances. But if they didn’t want me then why even bother keeping me then telling me not to come in the next day?

Hanz90

I’m new on here and it’s an honor to start sharing my stories as a UPS driver. The story is this. I applied to become a ups driver this past peak season. Did very well and finished everyday by myself and with a helper hear and there. They liked me and they liked the fact I came in early to sort my truck to ensure the job got done that day. January 10th I was supposed to make book but something happened and it eventually never happened. Supervisor told me that I have to scratch 5 days. Soon after I was scheduled a training route the following week and guess what. Something happened that day too where they couldn’t train me. Fast forward, to yesterday where my supervisor told me to not come in the next day. And mind you I was in my 24th day into my 30 days. It’s funny because they trained guys that suck and couldn’t finish their routes to train. And they started after me. They never asked for my ID or my uniform back. I was told they will call me when they are ready cause according to them I’m almost at my 30 days. Thisdoesn’t make any sense. I would likesome input into what’s happening here! Thank you!

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
IMG_1009.GIF

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I’m new on here and it’s an honor to start sharing my stories as a UPS driver. The story is this. I applied to become a ups driver this past peak season. Did very well and finished everyday by myself and with a helper hear and there. They liked me and they liked the fact I came in early to sort my truck to ensure the job got done that day. January 10th I was supposed to make book but something happened and it eventually never happened. Supervisor told me that I have to scratch 5 days. Soon after I was scheduled a training route the following week and guess what. Something happened that day too where they couldn’t train me. Fast forward, to yesterday where my supervisor told me to not come in the next day. And mind you I was in my 24th day into my 30 days. It’s funny because they trained guys that suck and couldn’t finish their routes to train. And they started after me. They never asked for my ID or my uniform back. I was told they will call me when they are ready cause according to them I’m almost at my 30 days. Thisdoesn’t make any sense. I would likesome input into what’s happening here! Thank you!
I guess you weren't as good as you thought you were

trickpony1

Just doing what I can to make book man

We understand.
Here's a helpful hint:
-prepare a healthy lunch to take to work;
-after your morning commits, find a safe place to park, punch meal, eat lunch while you sort your truck and collect your thoughts for the remainder of the day.

The company knows everyone does this. It's not a secret and it will make your numbers look good.

Good luck.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
What freeze said is correct. It's slow right now and they are probably laying off the bottom 5ish drivers here and there. You can't work if drivers with more seniority than you are being laid off. Don't worry dude. Come summer time you'll be crying for a day off.

john chesney

I know I started before them. So by definition I have more seniority then them. However I went up to HR and asked for a transfer because I thought I wasn’t getting a fair shot. I’m guessing HR told them what I said and it ruined my chances. But if they didn’t want me then why even bother keeping me then telling me not to come in the next day?
You’re talking about seniority in your training period???? You might now have seniority in the unemployment line.You went to HR and was complaining already. I think I’d get rid of you too