suspended and need advice?

NoHelpUPS

I was suspended. I was on the job and was suspected of alcohol after being there 5 hours. Was tested and blew positive. They suspended me and drove me home. I had my my local hearing after a week and a half and now after two months I am still waiting for my state hearing. Since then I have joined AA and have been clean for 6 weeks. I also started a rehab program. I have been with the company for 14 years. This is my first violation. Union is saying the company is wanting me to resign and not keep fighting and if I do I won't have a bad reference and I might get unemployment. I want to fight it and get my job back. My state hearing is scheduled now but my union rep is advising me to resign what should I do? Do you think its possible?. Any suggestions?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was suspended. I was on the job and was suspected of alcohol after being there 5 hours. Was tested and blew positive. They suspended me and drove me home. I had my my local hearing after a week and a half and now after two months I am still waiting for my state hearing. Since then I have joined AA and have been clean for 6 weeks. I also started a rehab program. I have been with the company for 14 years. This is my first violation. Union is saying the company is wanting me to resign and not keep fighting and if I do I won't have a bad reference and I might get unemployment. I want to fight it and get my job back. My state hearing is scheduled now but my union rep is advising me to resign what should I do? Do you think its possible?. Any suggestions?
Why would you go to work after you've been drinking? That's just idiotic dude for real.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Yeah, that's 3x the legal limit in most states. I've seen 2 drivers over the years that came into work intoxicated and were checked. Both of them never came back, and rightfully so. That is too much of a liability for the company. On the other hand, I've seen drivers admit they had a problem, took a leave and went to AA. Got their jobs back, but had to jump thru many hoops afterward. I have 0 respect for someone who would come to work blitzed. I would say to go for it and fight for your job if you want to do that. Good luck to you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah, that's 3x the legal limit in most states. I've seen 2 drivers over the years that came into work intoxicated and were checked. Both of them never came back, and rightfully so. That is too much of a liability for the company. On the other hand, I've seen drivers admit they had a problem, took a leave and went to AA. Got their jobs back, but had to jump thru many hoops afterward. I have 0 respect for someone who would come to work blitzed. I would say to go for it and fight for your job if you want to do that. Good luck to you.
Yeah I don't get it either coming to work drunk like wtf dude. You got a good job that pays well, might be a pain in the ass, but its paying your mortgage, car and putting food on the table. Some people are just retarded about that kind of stuff I guess lol.