Swing Premium

whatwhat

So I saw the raise step table, on the top it states, for swings, to include the .30/hour in the 3% raise. Now I am wondering if after the 3% is added to our base wage if we still add the .30/hour to the step that it puts us in. Has anyone heard anything?

fdxsux

So I saw the raise step table, on the top it states, for swings, to include the .30/hour in the 3% raise. Now I am wondering if after the 3% is added to our base wage if we still add the .30/hour to the step that it puts us in. Has anyone heard anything?
I think the .30 is being added to your current pay. Then you get the 3percent on that and then bumped up to the next step. It appears there will be no premium from this time forward.

BootsOnTarmac

That's better. When we had the .30 separate it was excluded from raises.

Was your swing pay considered a "differential" ? If it was I believe your base pay was used for past % increases, not including the swing bump. At Express I thought swing drivers were paid just a base wage higher than courier and lower than RTD.

dex 84

Was your swing pay considered a "differential" ? If it was I believe your base pay was used for past % increases, not including the swing bump. At Express I thought swing drivers were paid just a base wage higher than courier and lower than RTD.

The base is higher than courier pay. On top of that you get a .30 differential which is not factored into raises.

fdxsux

That's better. When we had the .30 separate it was excluded from raises.
Didn't work out so well for me. Instead of getting bumped up to the next step and getting .30 on top of that, I just got bumped up to the next step. I guess if that .30 helped put you just over a step it it would work out in your favor.

SmithBarney

Chart is available, but only managers have it and won't let you see it, you give them your current total wage(hr+.30) they'll add the 3% and tell you what you'll make in OCT.

I don't understand the secrecy, we all just watched frontline that has at least two charts on it(CSA and CRR)

Downwardspiral

Alright, I'll try this post again. Forgot how delicate the sensitivities were here. I saw a chart briefly today. I have over a decade in, but am now at Step 2. Thanks, Fred.

Whats in the Box

My manager showed on his computer that there are 3 pay tiers per market level (CSA, Courier, and Swing). I am happy after 14 years as a courier I will be at step 7 :)

McFeely

Huge Member
My manager showed on his computer that there are 3 pay tiers per market level (CSA, Courier, and Swing). I am happy after 14 years as a courier I will be at step 7 :)

Only way I would be happy is if I was topped out at 14 years. Glad you're at step 7, but that's a slap in the face honestly.

Anybody with 10 years or more who doesn't get topped out on this 10-step plan is getting screwed plain and simple. And unfortunately, that's a big chunk of people.

Yomama11

Unfortunately fedex is screwing us again...no you will not get an additional. 30 cents...it will vanish into thin air and fedex wants you to believe this is the better path...it's not...my current pay with or without my swing incentive put me in the middle of step 1 and 2...so I get bumped to step 2..and will not recieve my extra .30 an hour...based off a regular 40hr 52 week year..that's $624...multiply that by I'll estimate 5000 swings and that's 3.1 mill that fedex is saving

Downwardspiral

Unfortunately fedex is screwing us again...no you will not get an additional. 30 cents...it will vanish into thin air and fedex wants you to believe this is the better path...it's not...my current pay with or without my swing incentive put me in the middle of step 1 and 2...so I get bumped to step 2..and will not recieve my extra .30 an hour...based off a regular 40hr 52 week year..that's $624...multiply that by I'll estimate 5000 swings and that's 3.1 mill that fedex is saving
Yup... this exactly. Swings are where the first take a way comes from.

SmithBarney

Not a swing but I've seen the charts, and your way off, if I were a swing I'd be making $3 more an hour. The .30 is added in to your base pay, before the 3% calculation(+step)

Yomama11

How could you possibly get $3 more if you were a swing...I'm stepping down to a regular full time route and will only lose 15 cents...what market are you in? To top it off I have 11 years of service and will remain in step 2 5 other swings at my station haven't even worked 2 years as a swing or even courier and at step 1...Thanks Fred...

whenIgetthere

How could you possibly get $3 more if you were a swing...I'm stepping down to a regular full time route and will only lose 15 cents...what market are you in? To top it off I have 11 years of service and will remain in step 2 5 other swings at my station haven't even worked 2 years as a swing or even courier and at step 1...Thanks Fred...

When I stepped down and took a route, I lost more than two bucks an hour.

Swngdrvr

We had multiple swings find out today that the premium was gone after the raise we are about to get. They weren't too thrilled. The only one who didn't care was the guy who has been topped out for 25+ years.