Switching from Loading to Driving

LoveUPS

1. I had a coworker that became a driver. Was fired and is a package handler again.
2. I had another coworker that was a driver for a few months. Complained about how hard it was. Said was on call for over a month. Decided to become a package handler again.
3. I had another coworker that became a driver said it's really hard
4. Had another coworker that became a driver said it's much easier and less stressful than loading
5. Had a supervisor that became a driver. Said it's much easier and better than being a supervisor.

So, is it easier or harder than loading? Does being a new driver mean you don't get hours or even work?

clarnzz

1. I had a coworker that became a driver. Was fired and is a package handler again.
2. I had another coworker that was a driver for a few months. Complained about how hard it was. Said was on call for over a month. Decided to become a package handler again.
4. Had another coworker that became a driver said it's much easier and less stressful than loading
5. Had a supervisor that became a driver. Said it's much easier and better than being a supervisor.

So, is it easier or harder than loading? Does being a new driver mean you don't get hours or even work?
I would way rather drive the truck than have packages stuffed down my throat in the outbound. As much as some people complain it’s really not that bad if you don’t stress out and just go at a steady pace no matter much they give you.

El Correcto

god is dead

Driving is a lot more responsibility and longer hours. You are learning a career, it’s not an easy transition, I’m still learning new stuff years into it.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

Driving is a piece of cake. Find a smooth steady pace that you can maintain all day and you're golden. Don't stress about the bull :censored2: that will come your way (happens to everyone) and keep your head down. I mean there is nothing simpler than this job. For Christ sakes they give you navigation now and automatics. You will work long hours, you will work harder than you ever have in their life (applied to most people) and you'll get that big ole brown weenie for about 4 years.

Indecisi0n

Driving is a piece of cake. Find a smooth steady pace that you can maintain all day and you're golden. Don't stress about the bull :censored2: that will come your way (happens to everyone) and keep your head down. I mean there is nothing simpler than this job. For Christ sakes they give you navigation now and automatics. You will work long hours, you will work harder than you ever have in their life (applied to most people) and you'll get that big ole brown weenie for about 4 years.
You been edited .lol