Switching from M-friend to Tue-Sat?

MountainDew

A couple years ago when we added Saturdays, those of us with seniority were given a choice if we wanted to stay m-friend or do tue-sat. I choose staying m-friend but now wondering if I would be able to bump someone so I can switch to tue-sat? Just curious if anyone else has tried this or if it's possible, if having seniority would be on my side or if I'm out of luck? Thanks

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
A couple years ago when we added Saturdays, those of us with seniority were given a choice if we wanted to stay m-friend or do tue-sat. I choose staying m-friend but now wondering if I would be able to bump someone so I can switch to tue-sat? Just curious if anyone else has tried this or if it's possible, if having seniority would be on my side or if I'm out of luck? Thanks

I don't specifically know whether you can bump someone from their schedule. The way I understand it from reading other posts about the issue is that schedules are a bid issue, and you would have to wait for an opening. There may be other complicating factors, like if you have a bid route that is M-friend, you would have to bid off that route. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Having said that, even if you did get on to a T-S schedule, you would have to bid a 22.4 position to keep it once the new contract goes into effect.

PCLoadPackage

Have you been there on a Saturday? If not, I'd suggest volunteering to work on a Saturday before you make the request. Saturdays SUCK at our center since we just barely had enough preloaders to cover M-friend. Everyone on Saturday is loading at least 4 cars. Worse than that, they're not any of the cars we load the other 4 days. I hope your center is better. I'm just giving you a heads up to maybe check it out first.

Have you been there on a Saturday? If not, I'd suggest volunteering to work on a Saturday before you make the request. Saturdays SUCK at our center since we just barely had enough preloaders to cover M-friend. Everyone on Saturday is loading at least 4 cars. Worse than that, they're not any of the cars we load the other 4 days. I hope your center is better. I'm just giving you a heads up to maybe check it out first.
I volunteered for two Saturdays last year . I won't make that mistake again.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
you will quit soon so dont bother

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Preload here can schedule themselves for T-S on a weekly basis. Ask from the top force from the bottom kind of schtick. If you have people scheduled for six days with lower seniority than you then talk to your preload manager then grieve it because a sixth punch also goes in seniority order.

Nobody want's to work saturday. They have gotten a lot worse, skeleton crew with relatively heavy volume. Air is always late.

542thruNthru

I don't specifically know whether you can bump someone from their schedule. The way I understand it from reading other posts about the issue is that schedules are a bid issue, and you would have to wait for an opening. There may be other complicating factors, like if you have a bid route that is M-friend, you would have to bid off that route. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Having said that, even if you did get on to a T-S schedule, you would have to bid a 22.4 position to keep it once the new contract goes into effect.

I guess it would depend on how an area bids work but here you can switch to a T-S schedule even if you have a M-friend route. It goes off of seniority.

It's because most of the people doing Saturdays are Cover Drivers and per the contract shouldn't be working T-S. To switch back to M-friend you have to give them 4 weeks notice. That's assuming you have the seniority.

MountainDew

I've worked several Saturdays, soooo much easier than Monday! For us, Monday has the skeleton crew and people are stretched too thin.

MountainDew

Preload here can schedule themselves for T-S on a weekly basis. Ask from the top force from the bottom kind of schtick. If you have people scheduled for six days with lower seniority than you then talk to your preload manager then grieve it because a sixth punch also goes in seniority order.

Nobody want's to work saturday. They have gotten a lot worse, skeleton crew with relatively heavy volume. Air is always late.

Where I'm at they have specific M-friend people and Tu-Sat people, it's not week to week where you decide what you want to do. No one is scheduled for 6 days but there are opportunities to work the sixth day if you want to. Saturdays are a breeze compared to Mondays in my building.