Syracuse, NY is now a 6 day work week for all drivers

Chris72guitar

Syracuse, NY hub implemented a 6 day work week for all drivers starting last Saturday . This will be our second weekend in a row and it’s going to get worse . Our stop counts are through the roof with some drivers working 12 hour days . Having said that the inside workers are also being forced to work 6 days . There should be union pushback from the top but unfortunately what ups wants ups gets ! It makes you wonder if Hoffa has been bought and paid for by ups as he sits silent .

The Driver

I drive.
8 for work, 8 for family time, 8 for sleep, minus 2 for sleep and minus 2 for family time added to work = 12 for work x 6 days/week = INSANITY

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Syracuse, NY hub implemented a 6 day work week for all drivers starting last Saturday . This will be our second weekend in a row and it’s going to get worse . Our stop counts are through the roof with some drivers working 12 hour days . Having said that the inside workers are also being forced to work 6 days . There should be union pushback from the top but unfortunately what ups wants ups gets ! It makes you wonder if Hoffa has been bought and paid for by ups as he sits silent .

File on article 3 NMA and whatever article in your supplement that establishes work weeks. Every week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Better hire some tues-sat drivers

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ummm, yeah hire more people already...

FXG has been on 7 days a week & my local terminal was drowning 2 months ago with some of us out until midnight (or later)...

We hired more drivers and rental vehicles & almost ALL are now getting done by 2000 or sooner.

Yes, it's location specific, but the volume isn't going to decrease anytime soon.

May as well hire now and have them well trained for the upcoming peak season, where daylight is limited and that white flakey stuff will make for a more challenging day

rocket man

I was wondering about that myself

Air Recovery

If I was part of that :censored2: it would be time to work....

EXTRA EXTRA SAFE FOLLOWING EVERY METHOD AND ORION TO A T

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Where is the union to say no to the 6 day work week? What the heck? Union members from yesteryear went through hell for the 5 day work week. Why we letting Amazon take away their legacy?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Where is the union to say no to the 6 day work week? What the heck? Union members from yesteryear went through hell for the 5 day work week. Why we letting Amazon take away their legacy?
Same place they were when they offered up a second tier of full time driver.

Same place they were when the contract got voted down but they told ups oh no you don’t need to go back to the table.