Syracuse NY pre load

Hubzilla

Switching from night side to pre-load. Just looking for some idea what to expect. Mainly how many hours/week on average and how physical the job is compared to loading 53' trailers.

Thanks

Hubzilla

Yeah. This no sunlight/ walking corpse look that happens Oct-April has gotta go. Being able to lift my arms overhead without discomfort will just be a bonus

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Switching from night side to pre-load. Just looking for some idea what to expect. Mainly how many hours/week on average and how physical the job is compared to loading 53' trailers.

Thanks

Here's a dumb thought------why don't you either stay after your shift or come in early and watch the preload in operation?

BTW, can you do something about getting the outbound wrapped in time? I'm tired of waiting for our Syracuse loads to come in.

Hubzilla

I've been there for a while. I think it's fair to assume most of the hourly part time positions are fairly similar in terms of expectations IMO.

I also work FT in addition to UPS. So staying, off the clock, is not an option.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've been there for a while. I think it's fair to assume most of the hourly part time positions are fairly similar in terms of expectations IMO.

I also work FT in addition to UPS. So staying, off the clock, is not an option.

The only difference would be unloading trailers rather than loading them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
that place is ruined
How do you ruin Syracuse?
th