Syria

moreluck

golden ticket member
133161_600.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Can anyone please explain what is the end game in this conflict ?
Honestly just what are the USA's interests ?

Both sides hate us, so our "interests" ought to be limited to making sure that the chemical weapons arent used againt Syrian civilians, Israel or us.

Oddly enough, one could make the case that in some ways both we and Israel would be better off if Assad remained in power. Tyrant though he is, he has honored the cease-fire agreement with Israel since the end of the Yom Kippur War, and unlike a stateless terrorist entity he has been rational enough to not use his chemical weapons against us or Israel. Should he ever lose control of that arsenal, whoever winds up with them may not choose to act with the same level of restraint.

klein

Für Meno :)
As for Canada, we refuse to arm Al Quiada (they are along the fighting rebels our news sources say).
We might be part of a no flight source though, just as we done with Libya.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Let Allah sort it out !!

There is a substantial (approximately 10%) Christian minority within Syria, who tend to be pro-regime due to the fact that under Assad they are free to practice their faith without government persecution. They are in deep $%&@ if the rebels win this conflict.

rod

Retired 22 years
Go on liveleaks.com and watch some of the torture/beheading videos that these scum towelheads do to each other in the name of allah and then tell me why would we want to even get involved.

island1fox

There is a substantial (approximately 10%) Christian minority within Syria, who tend to be pro-regime due to the fact that under Assad they are free to practice their faith without government persecution. They are in deep $%&@ if the rebels win this conflict.

sober,

Just tongue in cheek --but some people may say this is why Obama is supporting the rebels.
If Assad is just a thug and murderer ---What will be the Rebels be ? Do not always agree with Rod but I am hoping we stay out of this one.

If Chemical weapons pose a threat to the U.S. --DO SOMETHING.

If they pose a threat to Israel or any other country --let them do something.

President Obama and McCain 's position are foolish --take one set of killers out --to put another set of killers in .

The only "red line" we should be worried about is on the Balance sheet.

Americans have to wake up --the left -right deal has blinded us in many ways.

texan

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
If that's the way to go about getting it, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy it? We have plenty of our own, just not allowed to exploit it.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I think it's high time we stop world policing. If we were out stopping world atrocities, we'd be in Africa. And we'd be loved. Instead we're out in oil rich countries doing things for a bottom line. I can agree to a point that if you're going to intervene in something, best to intervene in something that will have a lasting payback like Syria, but the world sees it for what it is because we put out the BS that we're spreading democracy. It's no wonder a lot of countries hate us.

island1fox

Shocking to see how many people are in LA-LA land.

Clearly I am not for involvement in Syria --and also believe we should bring ALL troops home to the U.S to rebuild infrastructure , assist in natural disastors and close our borders.

Where have we CONQUERED and Confiscated OIL ????? Kuwait ?? Iraq ??? ==Sure we will just take it from Syria !!!

That why our Gas prices are so cheap !!:happy-very: You mean after we take the country we still have to pay for it ??