Take a moment to reflect. It is Founders Day

texan

28 August 1907 UPS was founded by Jim Casey.

To all the UPSers that post and visit the Brown Cafe, Happy Founders Day.

That high pitched whirring noise in the distance is Casey spinning in his grave. The powers that be that took this company public and began the descent into numbers and not service should be held accountable at the same level as someone would be for treason.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

As I go through life, I meet many people that are in the transportation and logistics business.

I usually mention that I am with UPS and the number of years as an employee.

Every single person comments on how much they admire UPS especially in the last 10 years.

They say they did not think much of UPS 15 - 20 years ago but that UPS has changed and really become a player in the Logistics industry.

Just another point of view to think about ... although they don't know about or care about Founder's day.

Founder's day is for employees of UPS, I guess.

It may not but it is the fastest growing division within the company and may someday outpace package.
Two scenarios:
"United Parcel Service, here's your package!". "Gosh, thanks"

"United Parcel Logistics, I have a package for you but first let me tell you how it got from A to B. First.......blah blah scientific planning.........blah blah computer analysis .........gregorian calender.........space time continuum .......". "Can I just please have my friend'in box?"

stink219

As I go through life, I meet many people that are in the transportation and logistics business.

I usually mention that I am with UPS and the number of years as an employee.

Every single person comments on how much they admire UPS especially in the last 10 years.

They say they did not think much of UPS 15 - 20 years ago but that UPS has changed and really become a player in the Logistics industry.

Just another point of view to think about ... although they don't know about or care about Founder's day.

Founder's day is for employees of UPS, I guess.
It's prob due to them recognizing us on amazon.

Returntosender

Our center did'nt get any cake. Just two posters reminding us how good UPS is at delivery. One is about 41 movies being delivered and forgot the other one.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Our center did'nt get any cake. Just two posters reminding us how good UPS is at delivery. One is about 41 movies being delivered and forgot the other one.

Are these the two posters?

Before joining the UPS team earlier this year, I had never worked for a company with such a rich history. It really hit me when I spotted the Model T Ford® delivery car displayed proudly at our corporate office, and even more so while touring the UPS History Exhibit in the Archives as a brand new employee. The space includes displays that span the company’s more-than-century-old story, as today—August 28—marks our annual Founders’ Day and 105th birthday.
Although undoubtedly remarkable, the company reaching this milestone doesn’t come as a surprise given the principles primary UPS founder Jim Casey held dear. Even after his company had grown from the American Messenger Company to the United Parcel Service® and begun to expand from Seattle to other major U.S. cities, Casey had this to say about keeping the future top of mind:
“As always, our biggest need will be for broad-gauge people who can think beyond the present and apply sound, mature business judgment to whatever conditions we may have to meet.
We need people who can do what has never been done before.” – Jim Casey, 1954
UPS continued to grow, expanding internationally in the 1970s. Keeping true to Casey’s vision, our innovative people continue developing ways to help things run more smoothly around the globe with logistics.
Logistics is how Sigrid Bacher, Andreas Holzinger, and the rest of the UPS team in Austria distributed a film to nearly 50 Austrian theaters in time for its premiere.
And logistics has helped make anything possible for Fola Ozah.
We ♥ logistics and what it does for people around the globe every day. If UPS continues looking beyond the present like Casey suggested, we can keep making the world work better for another 105 years—and beyond.
You can learn all about the history of the company from this UPS timeline.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
When I started we were told how we are built on customer service from day one.

I have not heard a thing about customer service in the last 5 plus years.

We are about one thing now, money. The only people I see that care about the customers are the drivers.