Take Action

2ndVanDriver

Calling on all 2nd van drivers it is time 2nd van drivers stand up to the Contractor of Fedex Ground if you live in a State were you think you should be making overtime wages and if you feel the contractor that you work for is screwing you on taxes , here is what to do call the Attorney Generals Office of the State that you reside in and report it and they will guide you in the direction you need to go to many 2nd van drivers getting screwed by the contractors they are employed by. Stand up and take action don't let these contractors win lawsuits and collect for overtime wages from Fedex and you as a 2nd van driver don't receive anything ,because if they win that means 2nd van drivers should be receiving overtime benefits also .

It will be fine

You could also try negotiating with your contractor. Now is a good time right before peak. Just be tactful, act like a jerk and you'll get canned Dec. 26th.

bbsam

Staff member
You could also try negotiating with your contractor. Now is a good time right before peak. Just be tactful, act like a jerk and you'll get canned Dec. 26th.
It's funny when drivers try negotiating these days. Ever since the company's latest interpretation of the Agreement and DOT regs, there is no money to give raises.

Driver: I would like a raise because blah, blah, blah...

Me: While I agree with everything you're saying, there simply is no money for raises.

Driver: I think I may have to seek employment elsewhere.

Me: I understand. I know there are a lot of other ISPs looking for drivers.

kickpackage1

.........Really???
Yes Really , you might think it is a ridiculous statement so you explain to all of us what the difference is between contractors suing Fedex for overtime wages and benefits and the contractors not paying their drivers overtime wages and lost wages and benefits when a 2nd van driver has to comply by the same regulations as a contractor 2nd van drivers have to wear a Fedex uniform they have to wear black shoes Fedex makes 2nd van drivers get D.O.T physicals .Sooooooo yea really.

FedGT

Woooooo. Soft spot. You have no agreement, if you don't like what you do get out.
Also incase you drive a cargo van learn the overtime laws pertaining to the trucking industry. No contractor that I know of is anywhere close to the laws of providing benefits, we would all need a hell of a lot more people than that.
You have no grounds for anything

dvalleyjim

Amen. Drivers should be paid hourly with overtime, breaks and lunches. It's the dog gone law. But it ain't the contractors fault. FedEx has an illegal business model and has shucked all the driver responsibility to the contractor. Unfortunately it's the drivers that really don't get paid.

dvalleyjim

Woooooo. Soft spot. You have no agreement, if you don't like what you do get out.
Also incase you drive a cargo van learn the overtime laws pertaining to the trucking industry. No contractor that I know of is anywhere close to the laws of providing benefits, we would all need a hell of a lot more people than that.
You have no grounds for anything

FedEx is a 50 billion dollar company. They should be ashamed that people are delivery their packages for 10/hr with no overtime working 12 hr days.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Agree, not a law... other companies, like sleepy's, lasership, ontrac, the regional shoprite home delivery drivers, etc are also paying various rates similar to fedex G / HD...

Just got to find that better contractor, which i did recently i September

dvalleyjim

Agree, not a law... other companies, like sleepy's, lasership, ontrac, the regional shoprite home delivery drivers, etc are also paying various rates similar to fedex G / HD...

Just got to find that better contractor, which i did recently i September

Don't care, I'm retired but still drive a home delivery route. Guess I'm not really retired. You can pay an hourly guy salary with no breaks and overtime and lunches. Your payroll company will let you. That is until you get caught. Here's how you get caught. Your driver files a grievance with the states labor board. I know contractors who had to pay 10 of thousands of dollars over this.

2ndVanDriver

Don't care, I'm retired but still drive a home delivery route. Guess I'm not really retired. You can pay an hourly guy salary with no breaks and overtime and lunches. Your payroll company will let you. That is until you get caught. Here's how you get caught. Your driver files a grievance with the states labor board. I know contractors who had to pay 10 of thousands of dollars over this.
Absolutely correct. Laws are different in each state .

kickpackage1

No it's not.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1448323544.245905.jpg
..................................lol

STFXG

OT is only required if they are driving a vehicle under 10k gvw. If driving a larger vehicle... Tough luck.

RedAngel

In the last 2 months we had 4 Ground\HD driver come over to FedEx SDC apparently working for contractors had them fed up.Two guys were happy to have paid vacation and sick time.Sooner or later your resources are going to get tired of all the Bs that' comes from the ISPs routes.With that said there all glad there working for the real company and not some shady money tight contractor.Just and thought.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Same day courier not in my area yet, or im not looking in the right places. No worries, i switched contractors already that does offer holiday pay, vacation pay, etc...

gixxer squid

Calling on all 2nd van drivers it is time 2nd van drivers stand up to the Contractor of Fedex Ground if you live in a State were you think you should be making overtime wages and if you feel the contractor that you work for is screwing you on taxes , here is what to do call the Attorney Generals Office of the State that you reside in and report it and they will guide you in the direction you need to go to many 2nd van drivers getting screwed by the contractors they are employed by. Stand up and take action don't let these contractors win lawsuits and collect for overtime wages from Fedex and you as a 2nd van driver don't receive anything ,because if they win that means 2nd van drivers should be receiving overtime benefits also .

Honestly buddy, its called trickle down economics. Look no further than to the parent company. They are the cause of the ultimate problem. They have insulated themselves and placed all the burden upon the contractor so they can wash their hands. They are the ultimate devil, don't be deceived in thinking its the contractor with your "eyes wide shut."