Take care of yourself

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

not only are you wrong, but you are adding to the problem by not directing complaints properly

Do I work in your center? Do I report to you? My mgt team has asked us to have customers with service issues and/or questions to call the center directly rather than the toll free number. They prefer to keep things in-house and are usually pretty good when it comes to resolving issues within the constraints put upon them from above.

A complaint/concern should be definitely be addressed through the toll free number. A question regarding an operational issue should be handled by the local mgt team.

Suppose a customer calls in a concern because they were getting their deliveries between 12-1 and are now getting them between 3-4. The official response from UPS will be that delivery time in transits are guaranteed, not delivery times, and the concern will be closed out with no action taken. However, if the customer(s) call the local number complaining about the change in delivery times and the driver also passes along their concerns there is a better chance of something being done to accomodate the customer.

I can't speak for you but know for a fact that my center manager prefers things be handled in-house.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
They prefer to keep things in-house and are usually pretty good when it comes to resolving issues within the constraints put upon them from above.

lol no doubt

Suppose a customer calls in a concern because they were getting their deliveries between 12-1 and are now getting them between 3-4. The official response from UPS will be that delivery time in transits are guaranteed, not delivery times, and the concern will be closed out with no action taken.

you are completely wrong

However, if the customer(s) call the local number complaining about the change in delivery times and the driver also passes along their concerns there is a better chance of something being done to accomodate the customer.

totally wrong

I can't speak for you but know for a fact that my center manager prefers things be handled in-house.

lol no doubt