Take Care Of Yourself

AlliSeeisBrown

If it’s one thing this job has taught me, it is to take care of yourself. If you are not feeling right (something outside of a minor cold or general sickness) call out and take care of yourself. Don’t push yourself or let management push you to the limits with this job. It’s not worth your life. Take your hour break everyday to rest your body and relax. We lost a brother on road yesterday morning. Not my position to say who, where, how or why. Just take care of yourself.

JL 0513

Yeah, and unless you're high seniority, management makes it hard to call out. I very seldom do but when I do, it's "we really need you in, we have no more bodies". Always a guilt trip.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If it’s one thing this job has taught me, it is to take care of yourself. If you are not feeling right (something outside of a minor cold or general sickness) call out and take care of yourself. Don’t push yourself or let management push you to the limits with this job. It’s not worth your life. Take your hour break everyday to rest your body and relax. We lost a brother on road yesterday morning. Not my position to say who, where, how or why. Just take care of yourself.
good example of "get the big picture" . but when you try to call out they give you :censored2: about it. never bothered me so much , tho

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Doesn't bother me, just saying that's what they do. As if they only have exactly the amount of drivers needed for routes that day whenever I call out, yet there's drivers who are out all the time.
Why worry about those guys when we know you’ll come in and get it done either way?

542thruNthru

I always hate to hear we lost one of our own. It pains me even more when it's something that could have easily been avoided.

Thank you for the solid advice. I hope some people out there listen to it. We have a few drivers that are practically hobbling into the building these days. Every single one of them will tell you that they should have listen to their bodies and not their numbers.

Sorry for your loss and my prayers to the drivers friends and family.

Daf

Yeah, and unless you're high seniority, management makes it hard to call out. I very seldom do but when I do, it's "we really need you in, we have no more bodies". Always a guilt trip.
No. High seniority still gets the guilt trip. We have just learned over the years to tell them "I won't be there"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you aren't going to take care of yourself you are rolling the dice. A lot of fat slobs live to an old age too, so figure that one out?