Take Charge

over9five

Staff member
Ahem......Back on topic!

I just got my Take Charge letter today.

"As a participant in the Take Charge sales lead program......."

OK, I've been in Feeders two years now, and haven't submitted a sales lead in that time.

"....you have earned a REWARD account...."

Nice! I still have money in this account!!!

"Use your personal account number to check your balance"

OK! Woohoooo!!!!

Account balance........................zero.

Gee, thanks for the card..........................

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ahem......Back on topic!

OK, I've been in Feeders two years now, and haven't submitted a sales lead in that time.

OK! Woohoooo!!!!

I just got mine too. Account balance..................zero. *** I had credit on my other card, why didn't it transfer? This is the biggest reason why I care not a bit to get new accounts.

Big Babooba

Ahem......Back on topic!

OK! Woohoooo!!!!

It would come in handy if you ever need to shim a door hinge.

TheDick

Now they're gonna force us to get new accounts for even less percentage?!
And on top of it all we get taxed up the wazoo! Wether we get the gift card or not!
Way togo corporate! Whats next a surprise strike?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm sorry if my previous post came across as abrupt but I do believe that I am the only one here that has ever received a call from a lawyer on behalf of UPS regarding something to do with this website.

You are all anonymous, I am not.

It's nothing personal at all. I get your point of view. I just do not want to deal with legal issues because someone posts a copy of a UPS internal memo here instead of summarizing the contents.

It's nothing more than that.

I'm truly sorry if that upsets anyone, but that is the reality of the situation. This website operates on a shoestring budget. Feel free to speak your mind here but please do not post anything that belongs to UPS or you may drag me into a legal dispute that could very easily shut this website down after 10 years of operation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your site, your time, your $$, your ass on the line if UPS files a lawsuit.

The rules you have are quite reasonable and fair...and anyone who has a problem with them is free to create and moderate their own site.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A better, more credible choice would have been for UPS to simply continue the the existing Sales Lead program but to defer all payments into participants accounts until profits and volume increase. We could still turn in leads and get points that would have value at a future date.

I understand that times are tough and cuts must be made. And if the company wanted to it could be open and honest with us about the need to cut costs in this manner, and ask for our patience and understanding. But the "new" program is, quite frankly, an insult. If you are going to make a cut back, then at least be honest and forthright about what you are doing and why you are doing it. Under the new program the points are essentially worthless and there is little if any reason for anyone to participate, yet a substantial amount of money has been spent on mailings touting the "benefits" of the new plan.

Dont hand me a turd and try to pretend that it is a rose. We can both smell it and we both know what it really is.

Last edited:
A better, more credible choice would have been for UPS to simply continue the the existing Sales Lead program but defer all payments into participants accounts until profits and volume increase. We could still turn in leads and get points that would have value at a future date.

I understand that times are tough and cuts must be made. And if the company wanted to it could be open and honest with us about the need to cut costs in this manner, and ask for our patience and understanding. But the "new" program is, quite frankly, an insult. If you are going to make a cut back, then at least be honest and forthright about what you are doing and why you are doing it. Under the new program the points are essentially worthless and there is little if any reason for anyone to participate, yet a substantial amount of money has been spent on mailings touting the "benefits" of the new plan.

Dont hand me a turd and try to pretend that it is a rose. We can both smell it and we both know what it really is.

Think of the turd as an investment in your future. Work it into the soil,plant rose bush bulbs in it,eventually you`ll get that rose.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Rose the UPS Avatar is Taking Charge!
1846.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yep, the mods deleted it from our site because it was the property of UPS.

When proprietary info from UPS is copied and posted here someone usually reports it and the mods are obligated to delete it. That's how the game works if you want our website to remain online.

Thank you for using the Brown Cafe.

P.S. Maybe next time it would be better to just summarize the content in your own words rather than paste a copy.
How about a copy that has all the right area's blurred or cropped?

I'm sorry if my previous post came across as abrupt but I do believe that I am the only one here that has ever received a call from a lawyer on behalf of UPS regarding something to do with this website.

It's nothing personal at all. I get your point of view. I just do not want to deal with legal issues because someone posts a copy of a UPS internal memo here instead of summarizing the contents.

It's nothing more than that.

I'm truly sorry if that upsets anyone, but that is the reality of the situation. This website operates on a shoestring budget. Feel free to speak your mind here but please do not post anything that belongs to UPS or you may drag me into a legal dispute that could very easily shut this website down after 10 years of operation.

Thank you for your understanding.
You and me both, sistah. I did get the abrupt drift from your previous post, but I'm feelin ya.

^ Does that mean I can put my avatar back up instead of the current Benedict Arnold one?
At least it's not Benedict at the end of a noose!

Look again...4th paragraph!:peaceful:

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

TERMS OF SERVICE
I don't like Great White sharks!:surprised::wink2:

P

pickup

I believe you may wanna check with STUG, he might have received one of those phone calls too.:surprised:

Same line of thought, Stug is not anonymous:knockedout:

slinger

I got one of those cards once. I never used it. I was certain that it would be denied if I tried. So I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it.

I have never turned in a lead. My management just put my name on a lead to sham up their numbers and show that they had a high percentage of participating drivers.

My center was trying to have 100% of the drivers submit a sales lead (bragging rights, I guess). Of course, there were several drivers that would not be pushed into it. It was annonced one day that we had reached the 100% goal. A few days later I checked up on my own sales leads, my most current one was missing. After standing over a sup's shoulder while he reserached it, he found it to be "accidently assigned to another driver". Turns out it has happened more than once, to multiple drivers. Integrity.... If a driver did something this dishonest, it would mean termination

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My center was trying to have 100% of the drivers submit a sales lead (bragging rights, I guess). Of course, there were several drivers that would not be pushed into it. It was annonced one day that we had reached the 100% goal. A few days later I checked up on my own sales leads, my most current one was missing. After standing over a sup's shoulder while he reserached it, he found it to be "accidently assigned to another driver". Turns out it has happened more than once, to multiple drivers. Integrity.... If a driver did something this dishonest, it would mean termination
Imagine all of the other stuff that would be found out if people checked all of the other stats.

I just put in a sales lead for a friend of mine that ships several NDA letters per day. I will be following up on this lead because I'd hate for them to screw it up.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Me to current UPS customer: Do you use UPS Freight?
Customer: No
Me: Could I have someone call you?
Customer: Sure
Me: Turn in Lead
Check status of lead at UPSers.com
Lead Status: Already a UPS customer:greedy::whiteflag:

And we wonder why we lose market share.

whiskey

I just received in the mail today the new Take Charge program. What an absolute joke this is. Once you save up reward points, then it costs you extra points to get it shipped to you. Don't worry though, the letter says "to provide more flexability".

Now there will be a lot of unused points instead people that use their old rewards card regularly on day to day purchases. I know one driver that buys his lunches with his reward points. I used mine on some of the medical bills I would get.
It was a joke from day 1. We had drivers stealing points off other drivers routes. So the guy who ends up humping all the cardboard, gets zero credit, while his Teamster brother laughs all the way to the bank.
Now we have center manager's turning lights off as we exit rooms to save pennies.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Me to current UPS customer: Do you use UPS Freight?
Customer: No
Me: Could I have someone call you?
Customer: Sure
Me: Turn in Lead
Check status of lead at UPSers.com
Lead Status: Already a UPS customer:greedy::whiteflag:

And we wonder why we lose market share.
That's so true. The reason this all happens is because we don't talk to the sales rep face to face. All the information gets lost in several translations, and God forbid we take the extra time to work on this lead.:sad-little:

It was a joke from day 1. We had drivers stealing points off other drivers routes. So the guy who ends up humping all the cardboard, gets zero credit, while his Teamster brother laughs all the way to the bank.
Now we have center manager's turning lights off as we exit rooms to save pennies.
Very true.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What I would do at that point is print the screen from upsers and hand it to one of your BD people and ask him to re-open the lead, this time focusing on the freight potential.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This is a simple problem to fix, when entering the sales lead in the remarks part you simply put "assign to inside sales". We had all the same problems you guys speak of out here, untill the head of B.D. explained that once you input that statement it automatically goes to your centers actuall sales rep. All other leads go through the call center. Also do you know whats worse then the new take charge program.......NO JOB! Get with it people my sales bonus comes every friday in the form of my PAYCHECK.