Take time to be a dad today

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I saw this billboard yesterday and it was a good reminder that they're only little for a little while. I have tried to be conscious today of "in a minute" "I'm busy right now" "go play", etc. Today we went out for a bike ride, played soccer, played transformers, etc. Tomorrow I committed to myself to put away my laptop, phone and tablet for the day.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I had kind of an off-season week off when my two boys were little. Not summer, but I was off and they didn't have school.

We spent the entire week sitting on the living room floor building Legos.

Priceless.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I live very close to an elementary school and watch the parents walking their kids to school. I cringe whenever I see a Mom or Dad more interested in their cell phone call or text than their own kids. I feel like yelling "Put down your phone and spend time with your kid!"

Z

ZQXC

I live very close to an elementary school and watch the parents walking their kids to school. I cringe whenever I see a Mom or Dad more interested in their cell phone call or text than their own kids. I feel like yelling "Put down your phone and spend time with your kid!"

Put away the keyboard and spend time with your kid!

I saw this billboard yesterday and it was a good reminder that they're only little for a little while. I have tried to be conscious today of "in a minute" "I'm busy right now" "go play", etc. Today we went out for a bike ride, played soccer, played transformers, etc. Tomorrow I committed to myself to put away my laptop, phone and tablet for the day.
Great advice. Sunday's are usually without the wifi device in my home.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I had kind of an off-season week off when my two boys were little. Not summer, but I was off and they didn't have school.

We spent the entire week sitting on the living room floor building Legos.

Priceless.
Awww....they both probably still remember that too. :)

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
This year my son is in marching band and I have been enjoying the heck out of it. Most of the games are on Saturday so I can make it. Some parents complain about shuttling their kids around but I savor each moment. Enjoy each age because each has its own challenges and rewards.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wow, it was harder than I thought to keep the electronics put away until I put the little guy to bed. I had to stop myself from reaching for them a number of times out of habit. It was a real eye opener as to how much time I spend on them during the short waking hours of not driving the brown truck. Had a great time today though once the honey do list was done.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
This year my son is in marching band and I have been enjoying the heck out of it. Most of the games are on Saturday so I can make it. Some parents complain about shuttling their kids around but I savor each moment. Enjoy each age because each has its own challenges and rewards.
My son played trumpet in marching band for 2 years. We loved that time, so much, we still go to some performances, even though he's no longer performing.

bbsam

Staff member
Might I suguest 'Squatchin'? Amazing to see the imaginations kids have when allowed to wander the realm of bigfoot!