Taking a day off

upsmoss

I am new to ups and have not accounted for my 31 days yet, but am wanting to take off this Friday. Is it frowned upon to take a day off before seniority? Also how far in advance should I let them now? Thanks for any help.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am new to ups and have not accounted for my 31 days yet, but am wanting to take off this Friday. Is it frowned upon to take a day off before seniority? Also how far in advance should I let them now? Thanks for any help.
Taking a day off when you've only been there a few weeks doesn't look great, but it couldn't hurt to ask. If they say no....show up to work.

AndUPSER

We have this new guy, first week without supervisor training, taking Tuesday and Thursday off for two job interviews. I honestly don't know why they didn't fire him last night. He showed up 20 minutes late and showed up after break 3 minutes late.

And no, I do not recommend it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Attendance on Fridays is looked at more closely than other days because so many people try to make it a 3 day weekend. If you are still on probation it would definitely be frowned upon. You could ask but don't expect yes for an answer.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have this new guy, first week without supervisor training, taking Tuesday and Thursday off for two job interviews. I honestly don't know why they didn't fire him last night. He showed up 20 minutes late and showed up after break 3 minutes late.

And no, I do not recommend it.
Wow...he's a keeper..lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Attendance on Fridays is looked at more closely than other days because so many people try to make it a 3 day weekend. If you are still on probation it would definitely be frowned upon. You could ask but don't expect yes for an answer.
i prefer to take Mondays instead of Fridays...

AndUPSER

Then he asked about production to the part time supervisor and I thought for sure they would tell him not to come back. Still scheduled for Wednesday.