Taking credit for two stops; NDA and ground.

Dustyroads

Upstate, I have a business that has exactly the same situation. I asked my management team about the way to record the stops, and they instructed me to record them according to the address on the package and use LA. In fact, I go to the second location for a pickup, however, but because the office that gets the packages that are indirected is located deep inside the factory, they prefer I leave them at the other dock with someone who will call them immediately when their stuff arrives.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Native

While it was the same stop, the air were left at one building, the ground were taken next door. Air were put on pallets, ground had a conveyor that would extend into the package car.

The management here didn't want us to see them and all reasonable efforts to obtain one was always derailed one way or another
So, how is management keeping you from downloading the 340 methods by the link offered. Its there for you to download and print out. closest thing to spoonfed you can get. If you dont get to see them, its your own fault, so quit blaming management.
but they still suggest it to the drivers, who are stupid enough to try to please management
and Is it just me, or did you just call me a stupid, wanna please mgmt stooge?
Steve

If you allow management to talk you into doing something wrong and illegal, something that can cause you to lose your job........?

Well, maybe its time for a good look in the mirror.

But beyond that, no, I was not calling you a stupid, wanna please management stooge. Just to be clear on the matter.

But on the other hand, what would you call it?

So if the shoe fits cinderella..........

d

ups1990

In the case of CVS Drugs, they expect 3 delivery points. Store, Pharmacy and the Minute clinic. Now is this 3 stops or one. I've been getting credit for 3 but will clarify this issue with center manager this morning.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is some real peace of mind to be had by detaching oneself from the whole concept of "bonus" and "getting credit" for an extra stop.

We are paid by the hour to do the job in the manner instructed by management. No more, no less.

I am on Telematics....so they know exactly where I went, exactly how I got there, and exactly how long I stayed. Its transparent. Theres nothing to hide and no statistics to manipulate.

Management has the ability to edit my timecard if they so choose. So, if I did not enter the delivery data in a manner that makes them look better on paper, they are free to change that at their discretion. As long as I am paid the contractually specified rate for all hours worked, the rest is just details and I could truly care less whether or not I get "credit" for anything.

It is an interesting mental excercise to detach yourself from the entire concept of "bonus", and "over/underallowed". Try it. Your stress level will be reduced, and things will be much simpler.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the case of CVS Drugs, they expect 3 delivery points. Store, Pharmacy and the Minute clinic. Now is this 3 stops or one. I've been getting credit for 3 but will clarify this issue with center manager this morning.

WalMart is the same with the separate deliveries for Vision Center, Hair Salon, Bank, Nail Shop and Pharmacy and, yes, they are all separate stops.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
If you actually take it to a different area, and get a second and third signature, they are different stops.

We have a grocery chain here that always wanted a delivery around back, but no one would ever answer the door.

At my store, i approached the manager and explained that i could not wait and wait. He replied that he did not want all the packages for the whole store sitting at the front sales area, so i offered to take the different "mini" stores to the actual area.

So video, floral, pharmacy, quick clinic etc were all separate stops. The actual food store gets maybe 10 packages a year.

That type of delivery is legit. The getting two stops while you are delivering air and ground at the same time is not.

d

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Native

While it was the same stop, the air were left at one building, the ground were taken next door. Air were put on pallets, ground had a conveyor that would extend into the package car.

So, how is management keeping you from downloading the 340 methods by the link offered. Its there for you to download and print out. closest thing to spoonfed you can get. If you dont get to see them, its your own fault, so quit blaming management.
Steve

If you allow management to talk you into doing something wrong and illegal, something that can cause you to lose your job........?

Well, maybe its time for a good look in the mirror.

But beyond that, no, I was not calling you a stupid, wanna please management stooge. Just to be clear on the matter.

But on the other hand, what would you call it?

So if the shoe fits cinderella..........

d
That's it, now you've gone too far!:wink2:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
There is some real peace of mind to be had by detaching oneself from the whole concept of "bonus" and "getting credit" for an extra stop.

We are paid by the hour to do the job in the manner instructed by management. No more, no less.

I am on Telematics....so they know exactly where I went, exactly how I got there, and exactly how long I stayed. Its transparent. Theres nothing to hide and no statistics to manipulate.

Management has the ability to edit my timecard if they so choose. So, if I did not enter the delivery data in a manner that makes them look better on paper, they are free to change that at their discretion. As long as I am paid the contractually specified rate for all hours worked, the rest is just details and I could truly care less whether or not I get "credit" for anything.

It is an interesting mental excercise to detach yourself from the entire concept of "bonus", and "over/underallowed". Try it. Your stress level will be reduced, and things will be much simpler.

It certainly makes life alot easier, the sooner you all learn it the easier your life will be.

Bad Gas!

As a early am driver, i have 4 0r 5 roll back stops a day when my shuttle driver brings me out 40 pkg..I have been instructed by sup from day one that all my shuttle rollback stops are stops...thanks for that..

BleedBrown

This should clarify many of your concerns on taking credit for multiple stops.

DRIVER STOP COUNTS CERTIFICATION
DELIVERY

· Left At:
ü All Left-At stops require a signature.
ü An example of this is a delivery left with a neighbor, a business, or an apartment manager because the original consignee was not in and a signature was required.
ü The packages being left with someone other than the original consignee need to be designated as Left At (DIAD Board) Instruction.
· Apartment Complex
ü Apartment complexes should be counted as one stop when no attempts are made to each apartment and packages are left at the leasing office (one signature obtained) or a single address.
ü If an attempt is made to different apartments and an info notice is left at the door, it will be counted as multiple stops, even though the packages are left at the leasing office when the consignee is not in or a single address.
· Mail Room Delivery or multiple left at
ü Mailrooms should be counted as one stop, when packages are left at this location for different consignees, but only one signature is obtained and no attempts were made at the specific address.
ü If an attempt is made to different offices and a UPS InfoNotice is left at the specific address door, it will be counted as multiple stops, even though the packages are left at mail room (or package room) when the consignee is not in and you obtain a signature.
· Driver Release
ü Commercial deliveries and apartments cannot be driver released.
ü DR’s can only be made to single family dwellings, including duplexes, condos, mobile homes, and townhouses with private entrances when safe, out of view and inclement weather.
ü A UPS infonotice must be left at anytime package is left in an area that is out-of-the-ordinary or not along the daily walk path.
· Duplicate Stop
ü Returning to an address for a misload is a duplicate stop. It is not an additional stop.
ü Multiple addresses for companies that are delivered to one location such as package rooms or receiving rooms are duplicate stops.
ü A chance occurrence of a consignee meeting a driver and requesting their package after an attempt has been made earlier that day is a duplicate Stop. It is not an additional stop.
· Separate Stop
ü When returning to an address for ground where only air was delivered it is acceptable to record as a separate stop. However, every attempt should be made to deliver ALL packages at the initial stop. Simply having air for a consignee does not give a driver the right to count an additional stop. The Service Provider must make the decision when to break off from delivering both air and ground and deliver only air to make time commitments.
ü A customer requests a second attempt communicated via ODS.
ü SDWC

PICK UP

· Single Stops
ü A shipper has a Common Carrier pickup, Ground Saver, and a Consignee Billing books all using the same shipper numbers.
ü A shipper has a Common Carrier pickup book and a hundredweight Book. The books use two separate shipper numbers.
ü A shipper has a Common Carrier pickup book but also ships International Waybills.
ü A shipper has a hundredweight pick up only.
ü A shipper has a Common Carrier pickup book and a Hundredweight book. Both carry the same shipping address, although, the Hundredweight packages are at a different location on the shipper’s premises.
ü Any account listed on the pick-up log that is not a valid pick-up account cannotbe counted as a pickup stop. The Service Provider must record NO in the DIAD board when prompted, “Would you like to complete all pick-up stops?” The Service Provider must close out board and report it to the center immediately.

Note: It is the Service Provider‘s responsibility to maintain an ACCURATE Pickup –Log. (Name, Address, Suite #, Apt # pick-up location, Shipper number, Customer Phone #, pick-up time and closing time.
· Multiple Stops
ü Two shippers (different company names and shipper numbers) use the same pickup address and shipping location.
ü A shipper has a Common Carrier account and a Hundreweight account. The accounts have different addresses and shipper numbers and are picked up at different locations.
ü A shipper has three (different shipper numbers, none is Hundredweight) that are picked up at one location (same address). All three accounts are counted as stops.
ü A driver completes a regularly scheduled pick up. An air driver picks up priority air packages at the same account two hours later. Both drivers receive credit for a stop.
ü An air walker picks up air packages and the regular driver picks up ground packages. Both receive credit for a pickup stop.

Driver’s
Signature
Supervisor’s
Signature

Center

Date