Talked to a Fed Ex driver

dei8

Recently, like most of you, I was asked to sit down and write 2 letters to my local elected officials about fedex and the NLRB. This got me thinking. Does the Fed ex driver want to be unionized? So I asked a Fed Ex express driver and was shocked to find out that he did not want to be. He told me that most senior drivers dont want this at all. It turns out that because of the airline distinction they have, they get great prices on airplane tickets as a perk. Also, the senior guys already are at top pay, so thats not an issue. Here is the kicker. He told me that yes we do make more than them, but from what he sees, we work a hell of a lot harder than they do. He is happy. Again, this is just one driver, this is not a wide variety. Just wondering what you guys have heard. Find it funny that we are trying to force something on somebody that doesnt want it.

over9five

Staff member
What exactly are we forcing? If they are fairly put under the same labor classification as us, it does not force them to unionize.

Sounds like he was fed a lot of Fred S "Kool-Aid".

FedEX 4 Life

Majority of Fedex drivers will tell you this exact same thing.Yeah UPS makes more than us but you guys deserve it.Our jobs are completly different.

over9five

Staff member
I feel bad for you guys making $7 an hour less for doing the same job. You're really being taken advantage of...but you know that.

FedEX 4 Life

I feel bad for you guys making $7 an hour less for doing the same job. You're really being taken advantage of...but you know that.
Yeah its the same job.You guys are leaving at like 830 in the morning with a full truck doing double the amount of stops we do in a day.You guys have a union but get fired for the dumbest crap.Your part timers make minimum wage.

Yeah its the same job,just yours is 4 times harder and more stressful.I even hear suicides are way up at UPS.

dei8

I dont think that this should become a who has a better job discussion, or even get angry, just more of a what do fed ex drivers think. As for the word force, my mistake. I should have said, given the choice, would they want to be reclassified, and if they were, would they then unionize?

FedEX 4 Life

I dont think that this should become a who has a better job discussion, or even get angry, just more of a what do fed ex drivers think. As for the word force, my mistake. I should have said, given the choice, would they want to be reclassified, and if they were, would they then unionize?
I'd hate to go union because the percs we'd lose.Plus i dont wanna pick up ground.Im happy with evelopes.

over9five

Staff member
FedEx4Life, would you at least agree that Fedex and UPS drivers do essentially the same job, and therefor should be under the same classification?

Say the union does not exist, shouldn't we be under the same classification?

FedEX 4 Life

FedEx4Life, would you at least agree that Fedex and UPS drivers do essentially the same job, and therefor should be under the same classification?

Say the union does not exist, shouldn't we be under the same classification?
Ground yes,express no.

Express is an Airline.

653 planes,2nd largest airline in the world.

M

Mike23

It maybe the case in the US. I know in Canada, my air driver would do almost anything for a chance at UPS driving even after I described how much work we do.

FedEX 4 Life

It maybe the case in the US. I know in Canada, my air driver would do almost anything for a chance at UPS driving even after I described how much work we do.
yeah i know,but some people,including lazy people like myself,prefer fedex.lot of us have other jobs and fedex fits in perfect.If you wanna make $$$ then UPS is the spot to go to.