Tardiness policy?

kerbinator

I was late to work today. I had a string of 3 earlier this year, but haven't been late since May. Not proud of any of it, but it's happened. I know the contract doesn't speak of it at all. So I'm guessing it varies by center?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was late to work today. I had a string of 3 earlier this year, but haven't been late since May. Not proud of any of it, but it's happened. I know the contract doesn't speak of it at all. So I'm guessing it varies by center?
Ummm, isn't every companys' policy on lateness: be on time for work? Just sayin...

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Don't make it a habit, but you have to serve a suspension for a non-cardinal infraction (attendance, misloads, etc.) before termination is even on the table.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Being sent home. We just had it happen last week. They are paying the guy.

Couldn't the sup get around that and still send you home without paying? Since you waive your guarantee by showing up late, can they make you work like 10 minutes on the clock and send you home and tell you that you waive your guarantee?

OK, because I thought their was something in the contract that you forfeit your guaranty when you punch in late. Sent me home one morning on the preload for being five minutes late. May not be much I can do about it now as it was 30 years ago. Taught me that if I was going to be late just roll over and go back to sleep.

BrownChoice

Around here its sad but depends on the person... A few guys have been late more than 10 times...still no warning letter. I dont mind it, there is something called precedent, and you need to remember it.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I have seen drivers come in 15 late no call, turn off the cell phone. knowing that the route will be covered and gone when they get in. They then get the day off. This can back fire if however you might end up on the blind but some guys do it.

Depends on who it is. Young guy less than a year will be threatened with termination for being 2 clicks late. 10 or 20 or 30 year guy, don't worry about it.