tardy and sent home

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Is this violating my seniority? They over hired people and theres a lot of people below me and I was denied the right to work. Im unionized and not sure what can be done.

Start time was 455am didnt hear my alarm. Called manager and informed him id be late n he told me my spot has been filled by someone who has less seniority and that I dont need to come in. Told him i will be there and hung up. Then calls back and tells me again not to come in.I asked if there was going to be repercussions, he said id miss the shift. I asked him am I getting written up and he said he wont discuss that over the phone.

I show up ready to work clocked in just over 30min from start time, everyone was still on the first feeder. I go up to my sup n tell him what happened n ask him where he wants me at an he says attendance is attendance. I then see the manager an ask him is there anything I can do n he tells me he can give me little time. He then then watches me like a hawk and tell me not to worry about the belt and to load this bulk stop and he will see me tomorrow.

I ask him what do you mean? Are you telling me to go home? He said yes. I ask him theres nothing i can do? He said no ill text you the start time for tomorrow and walks me out

If you are Late you lose your guaranteed hours but they can't work people with less seniority than you. But....since you wasn't on time you lose. They still have a business to run.

Last edited:

KOG72

I’m full of it
Yes,you need to show up on time they can deny you work that day and send you home,that's why I see some pter's in my building show up late just for this reason.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are Late yo lose your guaranteed hours but they can't work people with less seniority than you. But....since you wasn't on time you lose. They still have a business to run.

Your post contradicts itself.

To the OP-----you snooze, you lose. The company has a business to run and put someone to work who bothered to show up in time.

Have Mommy wake you a bit earlier tomorrow morning.

Your post contradicts itself.

To the OP-----you snooze, you lose. The company has a business to run and put someone to work who bothered to show up in time.

Have Mommy wake you a bit earlier tomorrow morning.
That is correct. I should have added "if you are on time."

Many people do not realize that if you are Late you have zero guarantee.

Last edited:

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Sorry but your an idiot. YOU are late for work and now demand to work!? Lol.

I overslept an want to work. how does that make me an idiot? I don't know all of the union articles thats why I made this post. You ever hear of the saying everybody knows something someone else doesnt? Grow up and find another void to fill your hollow existence with besides being an arrogant keyboard warrior.

You ever hear the saying "choose your battles wisely"?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Ok
If you are Late you lose your guaranteed hours but they can't work people with less seniority than you. But....since you wasn't on time you lose. They still have a business to run.

Right, I get that. I didnt know seein as there has been someone who was over an hour late an they didnt send him home. Thank you

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

I overslept an want to work. how does that make me an idiot? I don't know all of the union articles thats why I made this post. You ever hear of the saying everybody knows something someone else doesnt? Grow up and find another void to fill your hollow existence with besides being an arrogant keyboard warrior.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Are you.laye frequently? Or is your Sup just being a jerk?

I am not late. The only time im out is if im really sick and dont wanna get anyone else sick or if im injured. They are just being a jerk. He followed me into the bathroom last week to question me why I didnt go before the preload. I asked if he would wipe my ass since hes here.

Brisket

Damn, that escalated quickly! Lol!

OP, you're screwed, it is what it is ( as everyone else has said) , better luck next time, don't let it happen again, etc...

Time to move on with your day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is this violating my seniority? They over hired people and theres a lot of people below me and I was denied the right to work. Im unionized and not sure what can be done.

Start time was 455am didnt hear my alarm. Called manager and informed him id be late n he told me my spot has been filled by someone who has less seniority and that I dont need to come in. Told him i will be there and hung up. Then calls back and tells me again not to come in.I asked if there was going to be repercussions, he said id miss the shift. I asked him am I getting written up and he said he wont discuss that over the phone.

I show up ready to work clocked in just over 30min from start time, everyone was still on the first feeder. I go up to my sup n tell him what happened n ask him where he wants me at an he says attendance is attendance. I then see the manager an ask him is there anything I can do n he tells me he can give me little time. He then then watches me like a hawk and tell me not to worry about the belt and to load this bulk stop and he will see me tomorrow.

I ask him what do you mean? Are you telling me to go home? He said yes. I ask him theres nothing i can do? He said no ill text you the start time for tomorrow and walks me out
Yep....honestly you should've tried calling your sup when you woke up, explained what happened and asked him...if I come in now, will you send me home or work me? One day I was 20 min late because of car issues....I texted my sup and explained and asked that question. Yes, being late is not good, regardless of the reason but I'm not going to drive 30 min to be sent home....I'd rather just take the day at that point.