Tattoo policy

amvitale116

I was wondering what the updated tattoo policy was for package car drivers. I'm a part time driver right now, and we recently got a new center manager, and district manager. Both say they have to be covered by the long sleeve uniform shirt. I want to know if that is written in stone anywhere or if the policy is just to cover your tattoos with something.

I do know that the policy on short sleeved uniform shirts is that your undershirt cannot extend past the sleeve of the uniform. I tried skin toned sleeves with a white undershirt today, and was told I wasn't allowed to wear them, that I needed to wear the long sleeved uniform shirt. If that is the policy then I will have to deal with it, but if I can cover my tattoos with bandaids or body makeup that is used in movies to cover tattoos, I would rather do that so I don't sweat gallons when it's 90-100 degrees outside.

542thruNthru

Good God another one. Next he will tell us how one day all CEOs will have sleeve tattoos or something.

Yes wear long sleeve uniforms. You're a tattoo tough guy. You can handle 100 degree weather with long sleeves.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
images.jpg

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I was wondering what the updated tattoo policy was for package car drivers. I'm a part time driver right now, and we recently got a new center manager, and district manager. Both say they have to be covered by the long sleeve uniform shirt. I want to know if that is written in stone anywhere or if the policy is just to cover your tattoos with something.

I do know that the policy on short sleeved uniform shirts is that your undershirt cannot extend past the sleeve of the uniform. I tried skin toned sleeves with a white undershirt today, and was told I wasn't allowed to wear them, that I needed to wear the long sleeved uniform shirt. If that is the policy then I will have to deal with it, but if I can cover my tattoos with bandaids or body makeup that is used in movies to cover tattoos, I would rather do that so I don't sweat gallons when it's 90-100 degrees outside.
When I started driving, I just bought a bunch of black basketball shooting compression sleeves and they didn't say anything. If they do, just tell them the sleeve helps with inflammation and be done with it

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

No visible tattoos. That's the updated policy. From about 1907

DOK

They really don't ask us to cover them anymore, unless the big wigs are expected to come around.

An aside, I heard in NYC centers the guy's wear beards and are told nothing about it for fear the whole center will walk out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was some confusion in my center over this issue; at first, our veteran drivers were told that they would be grandfathered in and would not have to cover them. We then got a new center manager who told them that they would have to cover them up. We have since gone back to the double standard of allowing the veterans to leave them exposed while requiring the newbies to cover them up.

I have little sympathy for those who have more ink than the guy who runs the Tilt a Whirl at the county fair.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sups should start making tattoo observations on road in order to insure drivers are covering up and not trying to circumvent company policy!

We've got a dude here with tats on his face, tasteful tats like tear drops and knives and a naked lady, and he wants to go driving... he'll fit right in with all the beardos and hair bears.
Question... are there any orthodox Jew drivers who get off early enough to get home before Sundown on Friday to observe the Sabbath?