tattoos and ups

can anyone tell me the policy on tattoos at ups, im told we dont have to cover up our legs but our arms need to be covered no matter what, i know i see drivers with tats and they not covered up, is this by center or is it a ups policy

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The policy for all new drivers is no visible tats.

This rule came into effect in '04 or '05 so if you had visible tats prior to that time they are "grandfathered" in and you dont have to cover them.

over9five

Staff member
I would like to see the "grandfathered in" policy. UPS has appearance posters here that say "no visible tattoos". It does not say anything about being grandfathered in.

......but I agree with Dilli about selective enforcement.

Raw

Raw Member
I would like to see the "grandfathered in" policy. UPS has appearance posters here that say "no visible tattoos". It does not say anything about being grandfathered in.

......but I agree with Dilli about selective enforcement.
We were told that mid Feb. was our cut off, get tatoos before then and you can keep them visible,after then they have to be covered up.

I think I'll get a tatoo on my neck and I will not cover it up. What do ya think, a naked hooters girl? Donald Duck? I may even get a lip ring put in and one on each eyebrow. Nope , not gonna take em out either.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think I'll get a tatoo on my neck and I will not cover it up. What do ya think, a naked hooters girl? Donald Duck? I may even get a lip ring put in and one on each eyebrow. Nope , not gonna take em out either.

Would ya mind gettin all this done before the cruise. I want a picture as proof. LMAO!

Would ya mind gettin all this done before the cruise. I want a picture as proof. LMAO!
I'll see what I can do, those retirement checks only come in once a month and I'm saving up for a complete bow flex gym set up. Gotta do something to keep the six pack.
I've already started my Billy Gibbons beard and Willie Nelson ponytail. I may even dye it red.
[video=youtube;0_EFdod4YDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_EFdod4YDo&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'll see what I can do, those retirement checks only come in once a month and I'm saving up for a complete bow flex gym set up. Gotta do something to keep the six pack.
I've already started my Billy Gibbons beard and Willie Nelson ponytail. I may even dye it red.
[video=youtube;0_EFdod4YDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_EFdod4YDo&feature=related[/video]

Aaaaaah, you don't need no stinkin' bowflex. Just chase DW around the bed a few more times. That'll keep you fit and HAPPY!:happy-very:

LOL I haven't seen the movie. I had no idea what you were talking about. :peaceful:
I don't want to spoil it for you but they do something other than branding but the end result is the same its a must see movie if you like Quintin Tarantino movies also i'm not a fan of Brad Pitt but he is hilarious in this one.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't want to spoil it for you but they do something other than branding but the end result is the same its a must see movie if you like Quintin Tarantino movies also i'm not a fan of Brad Pitt but he is hilarious in this one.
I will have to watch it. I do like Quentin Tarantino and I AM a fan of Brad Pitt. :wink2:

Ive seen a lot of peopl with tattoos in visible places (behind the ears, arms, legs, forearms, etc) and it never is really enforced at all. But we are all loaders, none of us are out driving so the rules may vary.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ive seen a lot of peopl with tattoos in visible places (behind the ears, arms, legs, forearms, etc) and it never is really enforced at all. But we are all loaders, none of us are out driving so the rules may vary.

The tattoo rule is only for those who have contact with the public.

The NBA has quite the opposite stance on tattoo's.:wink2: