Tattoos at ups

So I have a half sleeve and am trying to become a driver when I have the seniority to. Will having the tattoo hinder my chance at that? I'm not sure what the company's policy is about tattoos

km3

So I have a half sleeve and am trying to become a driver when I have the seniority to. Will having the tattoo hinder my chance at that? I'm not sure what the company's policy is about tattoos

No visible tattoos. That's the official policy. In the real world, it varies from center to center. The only appearance guideline they enforce on the drivers here is the one regarding facial hair. Otherwise, there are guys with long hair and ponytails, some visible tattoos (they might draw the line at being covered head-to-toe), etc.. Some wear sneakers to work. Nobody gives a damn.

km3

I take that back, they do enforce one other appearance guideline here...whether you wear proper boots or sneakers, make sure you've got your UPS socks.

Hellobrown2000

No visible tattoos. That's the official policy. In the real world, it varies from center to center. The only appearance guideline they enforce on the drivers here is the one regarding facial hair. Otherwise, there are guys with long hair and ponytails, some visible tattoos (they might draw the line at being covered head-to-toe), etc.. Some wear sneakers to work. Nobody gives a damn.
California?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Depends on when you were hired and what local you are under. This document has been passed around so this isn't anything new. This also goes out to other locals that think the Southern Supplement sucks.
image.jpg

upsman4fun

ok back years ago they didnt say anything bout tattoos, then one our drivers had sleeve tattoos, then he went to court and sued and won--- so one stipulation was no new tattoos, then the drivers went got tattoos and wore then since,includingme on my left leg, its of dragon and moon, then they come out said we had wear pants to cover it, was big stink across the board, so we come in wearing make up covering the tats, that was still no go had to wear pants, period, i myself developed folicuitus where the hair folicals get infected and looks like blisters , deep crators inmy legs and hurt like mother, i went to doc , still no we had to wear pants, then the manager left and our new manager said as long as not visable we good, so i bought flesh colored sleeve to cover mine thats been over 5 yrs, since now we got one hub managers now new one saying no back to pants, but handbook only states no visable tattos, how are we out of uniform for flsh sleeve when we in compliance rest of the way then i see this pic so i sent pic to my supervisor all he said was questioned the image

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 309

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
ok back years ago they didnt say anything bout tattoos, then one our drivers had sleeve tattoos, then he went to court and sued and won--- so one stipulation was no new tattoos, then the drivers went got tattoos and wore then since,includingme on my left leg, its of dragon and moon, then they come out said we had wear pants to cover it, was big stink across the board, so we come in wearing make up covering the tats, that was still no go had to wear pants, period, i myself developed folicuitus where the hair folicals get infected and looks like blisters , deep crators inmy legs and hurt like mother, i went to doc , still no we had to wear pants, then the manager left and our new manager said as long as not visable we good, so i bought flesh colored sleeve to cover mine thats been over 5 yrs, since now we got one hub managers now new one saying no back to pants, but handbook only states no visable tattos, how are we out of uniform for flsh sleeve when we in compliance rest of the way then i see this pic so i sent pic to my supervisor all he said was questioned the image
All I could gather from that wall of text was you and others got visible tattoos after a no new tattoo directive came down. Enjoy those pants.

542thruNthru

Aw come on aren't you tattoo guys tough? You can handle some hair blisters. They told you no new tattoos. You went ahead and did it anyways. You made your bed now sleep in it.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Did you hear the one about the girl giving her new boyfriend a hard time about his little penis. It seems she saw it was tattooed "Eat at Joe's". He told her not to worry cause when erect it read "Eat at Joe's Bar and Grill in Chattanooga, Tennessee".:speechless:

542thruNthru

Did you hear the one about the girl giving her new boyfriend a hard time about his little penis. It seems she saw it was tattooed "Eat at Joe's". He told her not to worry cause when erect it read "Eat at Joe's Bar and Grill in Chattanooga, Tennessee".:speechless:

Eh.. I see your mother's telling stories about me again.