Tattoos

iam starting my two weeks of trainning on the 11th
and iam going to keep my arms covered..i dont know
if it will hurt my chances if i wear short sleeves..i ordered
all long sleeve shirts..anyone know if it's ok ?

Thanx:cool:

trickpony1

Re: How does UPS feel about tattoos??

I saw a pkg driver just this afternoon that had his brown shorts on and a long sleeve shirt. Obviously for the reason you are concerned about.

It's not a secret about having to cover tattoo's. It might benefit you, as well as impress your instructors, if you were to wear a long sleeve shirt......they will know why.

good luck

rngri4

iam starting my two weeks of trainning on the 11th
and iam going to keep my arms covered..i dont know
if it will hurt my chances if i wear short sleeves..i ordered
all long sleeve shirts..anyone know if it's ok ?

Thanx:cool:

I don't know where you are, but here where I am tattoo's are not issue, many people have them on their legs etc, and make no attempt to cover them up. If I need to slip out from behind my desk and shuttle or something, I make no attempt to cover them up. One of our union stewards has about 8 on her legs, they are covered pretty much, and no one has ever said a thing, but I am sure it is different elsewhere.

30andout

Try to keep them covered, if its not an issue today, it will be tomorrow.

over9five

Staff member

You're new, Summers almost over. Keep them covered till next Summer.

A

A Cowboy

I have a tattoo of Mike Eskew kissing Fred W. Smith is that something I should cover Up?

xkingx

some division and center managers like to harass you about them..others dont...im sure they already know you have tats..most managers find out info on the drivers that are coming to their center...

rod

Retired 22 years

just dont show them the B you have tatooed on both butt cheeks so when you bend over it says BOB

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

I have a tattoo of Mike Eskew kissing Fred W. Smith is that something I should cover Up?

That one will be fine............

Ups feels you should not have them, keep them covered til you are in, then let them fly as long as not offensive, to anyone, which will be hard.
Depends on the mgmt, some dont care, others make the guys wear socks to their genitals to cover them if necessary. We had one driver who had a tribal insignia, and had to wear his sock to his knee to cover it.

hoser

Industrial Slob

I saw a pkg driver just this afternoon that had his brown shorts on and a long sleeve shirt. Obviously for the reason you are concerned about.

It's not a secret about having to cover tattoo's. It might benefit you, as well as impress your instructors, if you were to wear a long sleeve shirt......they will know why.

good luck
exactly my thoughts. :thumbup1:

Hangingon

So it's starting up again. In our PCM they handed out a paper and told everyone to list every tattoo they had where it was and what it was, visible or not. They said it was a directive from Corporate.

Isn't that an invasion of privacy if it is not visible? Our steward just shrugged when we asked him.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's only an invasion of privacy if someone asks to see them.

You work for a company that has an image to try to maintain. These are the types of things that seem ridiculous to fight.

You probably feel as though drug testing is an invasion of privacy too, right?

What about driving records; those should be held private too?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Random drug testing, absolutely I consider that a violation of privacy. If you have legitimate reasons to suspect that someone is using on the job that's a different story.
Driving record is different, that's a regulated privilege granted by the state and obviously if you are going to be driving a company vehicle for a living then your employer has a right to know if you're a problem driver.
Until I see some corroboration I have a hard time believing the OP about filling out a tattoo form, that seems awfully excessive. If the company can't see it, they don't need to know about it.

over9five

Staff member
After you fill out the tattoo form, you are required to strip so they can photograph each tattoo. This photographic documentation is available for the management team to view in your Pittsburg.