Tattoos

ManUtd32780

We had someone from our district office at our center yesterday. I'm not sure what branch maybe HR. She went to an OMS and asked who had visible tattoos. The OMS named one driver and she asked that driver to sign a paper saying he knew about the tattoo policy. She said he was grandfathered in and she had a camera with her. She wanted take a pic of the tattoo but he refused. I'm sure I'm going to be next in this (Spanish) inquisition. Anyone here have any experience with this or have heard about them enforcing the policy?

CRASH501

Lmao.........oh do i ever... They have never asked me to sign but , i have been questioned extensively on my kanji's.........by the districts labor relations manager . I have heard of guys in new jersey being forced to wear long sleeves & pants year round. This is an issue i was warned ( as i am heavily tattoo'd) about prior to our last contract.......i was told it would be an issue anytime soon . I beggen to be fired for my tats as this would also be my retirement fund due to discrimination as none of my tats are offensive ........

D

Dis-organized Labor

Lmao.........oh do i ever... They have never asked me to sign but , i have been questioned extensively on my kanji's.........by the districts labor relations manager . I have heard of guys in new jersey being forced to wear long sleeves & pants year round. This is an issue i was warned ( as i am heavily tattoo'd) about prior to our last contract.......i was told it would be an issue anytime soon . I beggen to be fired for my tats as this would also be my retirement fund due to discrimination as none of my tats are offensive ........
Interesting, last week you were terminated for working the Firefighter's carnival for working while on disability.
This week you want to be fired for having tattoo's.
You realize how this makes you look don't you?:thumbdown

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
shhh, dont disturb the dream.

what they are attempting to do is those with tats that are not offensive to any one group are grandfathered in. they can make you cover your tats.

what they are documenting is what tats you do have, as it will be/or already is against company policy to have visible tats.

it is an appearance standard which the company has a right to enforce. believe it or not, but the majority of the customers find them unsightly/trashy........

it is also something that 10 years ago was not an issue like it is now.

d

CRASH501

Interesting, last week you were terminated for working the Firefighter's carnival for working while on disability.
This week you want to be fired for having tattoo's.
You realize how this makes you look don't you?:thumbdown
.WOW DO A SEARCH ...
.WHEN DID WE RATIFY OUR LAST CONTRACT ?
...THIS IS NOT THE FIRST THREAD ABOUT THE TATU ISSUE .
.....THIS HAS BEEN AN ONGOING THING FOR SOME TIME NOW . .
.sorry had to go back and edit , sorry about the capslock again

ALSO AS I HAVE STATED IN THE PAST , IT IS NO SECRET THAT THERE IS A BAD HISTORY BETWEEN MYSELF & OUR AREA'S LABOR RELATIONS MANAGER !
" AS PER HOW IT MAKES ME LOOK AGAIN BUDDY I AM NOT HERE TO IMPRESS YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER..... "
I WAS HIRED 8 YEARS AGO WITH THE MAJORITY OF MY INK AND ABOUT 3-4 YEARS AGO I WAS SPEAKING WITH MY FORMER DIVISION MANAGER , AS I HAVE STATED I HAVE FRIENDS IN MANAGEMENT WHOM I RESPECT A GREAT DEAL . IN THIS CONVERSATION AND NOTHING MORE THAN 2 GUYS SHOOTING THE SH.. I WAS TOLD TO EXPECT ISSUES ABOUT VISIBLE TATTOO'S AFTER OUR NEXT CONTRACT . SO NOT THAT I NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU BUT.......HE WAS THE GUY I BEGGED TO FIRE ME ON THOSE GROUNDS .......YOU MY FRIEND LOOK TOO FAR INTO THINGS....:happy-very:

Last edited:

The Milkman

We had someone from our district office at our center yesterday. I'm not sure what branch maybe HR. She went to an OMS and asked who had visible tattoos. The OMS named one driver and she asked that driver to sign a paper saying he knew about the tattoo policy. She said he was grandfathered in and she had a camera with her. She wanted take a pic of the tattoo but he refused. I'm sure I'm going to be next in this (Spanish) inquisition. Anyone here have any experience with this or have heard about them enforcing the policy?

I worked at the customer counter in NJ. One day my center manager told me to cover my tattoo of a dagger on my forearm. I did what he told me to do. I covered it by tapeing a woman's pad over it..People laughed. Did it for a day or two, then took it off and ignored them..I heard of drivers being questioned but most of the time Management did not see me as they were busy in the centers and not paying to much attention to the counter.:peaceful:

CRASH501

I worked at the customer counter in NJ. One day my center manager told me to cover my tattoo of a dagger on my forearm. I did what he told me to do. I covered it by tapeing a woman's pad over it..People laughed. Did it for a day or two, then took it off and ignored them..I heard of drivers being questioned but most of the time Management did not see me as they were busy in the centers and not paying to much attention to the counter.:peaceful:
THE PAD.......MULTI PURPOSE , GREAT FOR ABSORBING SWEAT OFF OF THE SMALL OF YOUR BACK I KNEW A GUY WHO OWNED A LAUNDRY MAT THATS HOW HE KEPT THE SWEAT FROM RUNNING DOWN IS CRACK....LOL:devil3:

Brown Rocket

They took pictures of everyone in our center a few weeks ago. Then yesterday the HR girl came to me and asked me to sign a Uniform Standard and Apearance form. I read it all. It said nothing about tattoos. FAIL

CRASH501

They took pictures of everyone in our center a few weeks ago. Then yesterday the HR girl came to me and asked me to sign a Uniform Standard and Apearance form. I read it all. It said nothing about tattoos. FAIL
ya know im sure somewhere in our contracts , taking these photo's and documenting tattoo's is a violation of our RIGHTS

D

Dis-organized Labor

.WOW DO A SEARCH ...
.WHEN DID WE RATIFY OUR LAST CONTRACT ?
...THIS IS NOT THE FIRST THREAD ABOUT THE TATU ISSUE .
.....THIS HAS BEEN AN ONGOING THING FOR SOME TIME NOW . .
.sorry had to go back and edit , sorry about the capslock again

ALSO AS I HAVE STATED IN THE PAST , IT IS NO SECRET THAT THERE IS A BAD HISTORY BETWEEN MYSELF & OUR AREA'S LABOR RELATIONS MANAGER !
" AS PER HOW IT MAKES ME LOOK AGAIN BUDDY I AM NOT HERE TO IMPRESS YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER..... "
I WAS HIRED 8 YEARS AGO WITH THE MAJORITY OF MY INK AND ABOUT 3-4 YEARS AGO I WAS SPEAKING WITH MY FORMER DIVISION MANAGER , AS I HAVE STATED I HAVE FRIENDS IN MANAGEMENT WHOM I RESPECT A GREAT DEAL . IN THIS CONVERSATION AND NOTHING MORE THAN 2 GUYS SHOOTING THE SH.. I WAS TOLD TO EXPECT ISSUES ABOUT VISIBLE TATTOO'S AFTER OUR NEXT CONTRACT . SO NOT THAT I NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU BUT.......HE WAS THE GUY I BEGGED TO FIRE ME ON THOSE GROUNDS .......YOU MY FRIEND LOOK TOO FAR INTO THINGS....:happy-very:

My Tattooed Friend..........You were fired last week and this week you're not. I don't want to make a big issue out of this, but I called you a Fraud on the "Fireman Carnival Working and Got Unjustly Fired Thread" nonsense and now you come forward, on your own accord (or perhaps thinking that no thread relates to another) and tell us you "want" to get fired for your tattoos.
I guess we (I am sorry), but I am stupid and don't see a discrepancy here. Hit me with some more Neg Rep and keep it coming.
What is going on with you? I do not understand and i want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you seem to be full of BS:thumbdown:thumbdown

CRASH501

My Tattooed Friend..........You were fired last week and this week you're not. I don't want to make a big issue out of this, but I called you a Fraud on the "Fireman Carnival Working and Got Unjustly Fired Thread" nonsense and now you come forward, on your own accord (or perhaps thinking that no thread relates to another) and tell us you "want" to get fired for your tattoos.
I guess we (I am sorry), but I am stupid and don't see a discrepancy here. Hit me with some more Neg Rep and keep it coming.
What is going on with you? I do not understand and i want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you seem to be full of BS:thumbdown:thumbdown
.AGAIN maroon LISTEN ......read the thread for what it is . I WAS HIRED 8 YEARS AGO WITH THE MAJORITY OF MY INK AND ABOUT 3-4 YEARS AGO I WAS SPEAKING WITH MY FORMER DIVISION MANAGER , AS I HAVE STATED I HAVE FRIENDS IN MANAGEMENT WHOM I RESPECT A GREAT DEAL . IN THIS CONVERSATION AND NOTHING MORE THAN 2 GUYS SHOOTING THE SH.. I WAS TOLD TO EXPECT ISSUES ABOUT VISIBLE TATTOO'S AFTER OUR NEXT CONTRACT . SO NOT THAT I NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU BUT.......HE WAS THE GUY I BEGGED TO FIRE ME ON THOSE GROUNDS .......YOU MY FRIEND LOOK TOO FAR INTO THINGS....:happy-very:
again it was a conversation years ago with a division manager !!! begging to be fired again as it stated was simple ..FIRE ME FOR MY TATTOO'S SO I CAN SUE FOR DISCRIMINATION , HENCE RETIREMENT ON THE SETTLEMENT , a conversation among an employee & a superior that would not go any further than CONVERSATION !! !! !!
yes i was fired on 12-17-09 ,
.yes the union is now involved
..yes i await my fair day in court
...yes you are a maroon , I posted neg rep on you 1 time and you make it seem like it happens daily.
:happy-very:

CRASH501

wow am i missing something , DOES IT STATE ANYWHERE HERE , that i asked to be fired now , im truly sorry that some people are so anal and take threads in the wrong direction , now i will research old threads for the tatu threads of the past.....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

wow am i missing something , DOES IT STATE ANYWHERE HERE , that i asked to be fired now , im truly sorry that some people are so anal and take threads in the wrong direction , now i will research old threads for the tatu threads of the past.....
Yes it does. Read the highlighted portion of what YOU said.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

What I find odd is that the company can afford to pay somebody a salary to take these pictures and create all of these forms to monitor appearance....yet whenever you try to replace a torn or worn-out uniform item its like pulling teeth to get them to fill the order.

Apparently, its OK for your johnson to be hanging out of a ripped pair of shorts...as long as there isnt a visible tat on it.

SoyFish

What I find odd is that the company can afford to pay somebody a salary to take these pictures and create all of these forms to monitor appearance....yet whenever you try to replace a torn or worn-out uniform item its like pulling teeth to get them to fill the order.

Apparently, its OK for your johnson to be hanging out of a ripped pair of shorts...as long as there isnt a visible tat on it.

HAHAHAHA @ the last part :happy-very:

brownrod

I wish they would ask me to sign a Uniform Stand and Appearance form. I would refuse and demand that they give me several new uniforms as the ones I wear are tattered and need to be replaced.

rod

Retired 22 years

Reminds me of that old joke that the punch line was "eat at Joes Bar and Grill in beautiful downtown Chattanogga, Tennessee".
:wink2:

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
I am mid to heavily tattooed and it seems to come and go as an issue. Have not heard much about it lately but tomorrow is a new day. Wish some one would grandfather me in as I had tats before I was a driver and it was not an issue then....