Tattoo's

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Around my parts, tats have to be covered. The game going on is drivers wearing coats until they pass the gates.

Seems kind of silly. Could be a useful tool for management looking to harass or fire someone.

stink219

Have had mind exposed for 8 years. To this day they cannot produce appearance guidelines for me that include tattoos. If they do, I'd wear a jacket and long pants in August. Once I go down for heat exhaustion and they pay my hospital bills, I'll go back to work and do it again.

Indecisi0n

I wanted something badass but where I could easily hide it so I went with this:

dolphin-ankle-tattoo.jpg

Notretiredyet

Got mine prior to appearance standards being implemented regarding them, they never say anything about them. But they're small and if we have an audit, I'll usually cover them up with a large (as in 4"x6") bandaid, to keep the buzzards off me.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You wouldn't need to wear a long sleeve shirt or pants unless you're really tatted up. All they require is you wear one of those sleeve things like the guys who have sports injuries wear. They can be flesh colored, black, etc. If you have full sleeve tats obviously it would be easier to wear long sleeve shirts I guess.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
New tats are a no-no, but any that you had prior to the new appearance guidelines being implemented ('04 or '05 I think) are OK.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
We have a bunch of supervisors with neck tattoos. I'm sure they never bring packages to customers picking up at the gate after hours.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
New tats are a no-no, but any that you had prior to the new appearance guidelines being implemented ('04 or '05 I think) are OK.

In my area they said they don't care if a tat is new or old just can't be visible or have to wear something to cover it. Wonder what would happen if someone had an old facial tat and won a driver bid.

stink219

Ask for a copy of the appearance guidelines. You also signed one when you were trained. At that time there were no tattoo issues. Worst case, cover them inside the building.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have had mind exposed for 8 years. To this day they cannot produce appearance guidelines for me that include tattoos. If they do, I'd wear a jacket and long pants in August. Once I go down for heat exhaustion and they pay my hospital bills, I'll go back to work and do it again.

What the hell did the guys do back in the day that wore the wool pants and short jackets including bow ties in 90 degree weather....there had to be many a man go down with heat related issues...

CaliforniaPaul

What the hell did the guys do back in the day that wore the wool pants and short jackets including bow ties in 90 degree weather....there had to be many a man go down with heat related issues...

Back then we only delivered retail mainly, shirts, shoes, misc clothing. Their was no interstate service like it is now. You never had the bulk that we have now. I do recall one time I had to deliver a wedding gown that was on a hanger! It was fun back in those days!!

S

serenity now

Around my parts, tats have to be covered. The game going on is drivers wearing coats until they pass the gates.

Seems kind of silly. Could be a useful tool for management looking to harass or fire someone.

i gotta tell you, covered or not, i don't want any tattoos around my parts

abomb1220

I have full sleeves on my arms and cover them with tat sleeves. Last year the center manager decided he didn't like them and told me to wear long sleeves. We threatened to grieve on past practice and he left it alone.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I still wear pants until it gets above 95.