Tax on Health Insurance in 2016

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Does anyone have any idea what kind or tax increase we are looking at in 2016 when the Federal Government starts taxing our health insurance as income. I have asked around some don't even same to know this is coming. No one seems to have a dollar figure or percentage.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
.40 on a dollar over $10.2 K for single and $27.5 K or there abouts for family and it is in 2018 .I believe these fiqures are close for now and of course the threshold may increase due to inflation.Our single people may get wacked the last six months of our contract

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
.40 on a dollar over $10.2 K for single and $27.5 K or there abouts for family and it is in 2018 .I believe these fiqures are close for now and of course the threshold may increase due to inflation.Our single people may get wacked the last six months of our contract

Last year on BC, the reported FMV for health care plans of individuals ranged from $3500-$6000. Mine was one of the more expensive, and it's still in the $5000 range -- less than half the threshold.

brett636

I don't believe the tax is paid directly by the employees. I think its assessed by the government onto the employers and we will only bare the burden when the employer cuts benefits to stay under the threshold. Either way its the typical democrat/communist strategy to drag everyone down while claiming to be raising everyone up. This bill has to go, and if enough of the citizens wake up to that maybe that will happen sooner rather than later.

oldngray

nowhere special
the insurance is close to threshold for many but the real concern is the threshold number is fixed and in a couple of more years with rising costs almost everyone will be over that number.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw nothing written in the law that would increase the threshold. It could be raised of course but I am going by what it says now and not trusting the government to fix it later.

The law has gone through more revisions than any other in recent history. I expect the threshold to be linked to the CPI.

quamba 638

Do you think our rates are lower because we have so many people enrolled? Because the definition of a Cadillac plan is one with no premiums and little to no deductibles/ co-pays.. I believe mine was 18k this year with my and two kids.