Tax Prep

MassWineGuy

I know everyone is looking forward to doing their taxes. I used TurboTax and the H&R Block online services. TurboTax cost me $80 for some live help and the state return. But after I finished I found an error I made that would have cost a lot of tax money.

I’d already paid so it wouldn’t let me revise and refile. Enter H&R Block. Theirs was easy and straightforward. And totally free. E-filed everything for me, too.

My situation isn’t complex. Just W2 income, property taxes and mortgage interest. Your mileage may vary. But free is good. And I reduced my tax burden.

oldngray

nowhere special
I know everyone is looking forward to doing their taxes. I used TurboTax and the H&R Block online services. TurboTax cost me $80 for some live help and the state return. But after I finished I found an error I made that would have cost a lot of tax money.

I’d already paid so it wouldn’t let me revise and refile. Enter H&R Block. Theirs was easy and straightforward. And totally free. E-filed everything for me, too.

My situation isn’t complex. Just W2 income, property taxes and mortgage interest. Your mileage may vary. But free is good. And I reduced my tax burden.
I use H&R Block too. I used TurboTax a couple of times but they are really bad about slipping in extra fees above the nominal cost. Last year doing my taxes was 100% free including state and e-filing using H&R Block online.

rod

Retired 22 years
We use the same little old lady who has done our taxes for 49 years. I would do my own but I think I would be too tempted to cheat even more than the little old lady does.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I used Turbotax for years, never one single issue. Filed last Saturday, my returns accepted hours later and federal refund deposited this past Friday. Turbotax all day, easy, nominal fee of $80, less than 20 minutes to be walked through your taxes step by step. It checks for issues before sending electronically.

MassWineGuy

I need to amend my 2019 return.

And while we’re at it, let’s take a huge chunk of the defense budget and give that to all Americans.

floridays

We use the same little old lady who has done our taxes for 49 years. I would do my own but I think I would be too tempted to cheat even more than the little old lady does.
You calling someone old would make them an ancient, did Plato refer her to you?

Don't hire her to cook your meals, if she's little she doesn't know how to cook.
I recommend my dynamic duo
aunt bea no elbows.jpg

aunt jemima.jpg

vantexan

You calling someone old would make them an ancient, did Plato refer her to you?

Don't hire her to cook your meals, if she's little she doesn't know how to cook.
I recommend my dynamic duo
View attachment 329753
View attachment 329754
I've eaten at a lot of Golden Corrals in the last few years around the country. The ones in the southeast are just better. Not only are the vegetables better but they have a larger selection including greens, okra, black eye peas, lima beans and others. Ironic that the area with the most heart attacks from all the fried food also has the best vegetables.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've eaten at a lot of Golden Corrals in the last few years around the country. The ones in the southeast are just better. Not only are the vegetables better but they have a larger selection including greens, okra, black eye peas, lima beans and others. Ironic that the area with the most heart attacks from all the fried food also has the best vegetables.
Why would anyone go to a Golden Corral and eat lima beans, okra and black eyes peas?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Golden Corral
Smh