taxpayers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Basic accounting.
Tuition is revenue to the university.
Either way what college is now is not working.

It goes against basic economics. 25 kids in a classroom learning at CC. You can pay the tuition on a part time job
Salary. 300 kids listening to lecture in a university. Well you'll be paying for that for the next 10-20 years of your life.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Either way what college is now is not working.

It goes against basic economics. 25 kids in a classroom learning at CC. You can pay the tuition on a part time job
Salary
. 300 kids listening to lecture in a university. Well you'll be paying for that for the next 10-20 years of your life.
Maybe 15 years ago. Community college tuition is up to around $10,000 a year now. I doubt most part time UPSers could pay that out of pocket without financial aid.

Truth is most people who go to community college never end up getting a bachelor's degree.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe 15 years ago. Community college tuition is up to around $10,000 a year now. I doubt most part time UPSers could pay that out of pocket without financial aid.

Truth is most people who go to community college never end up getting a bachelor's degree.
You're crazy. I don't know what community college you're going to. Maybe in California?

Probably because most get what they want or need out of it after 2 years. Also many that go 4 years don't get a degree either.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's see Havard University in 1996 paid Elizabeth Warren in total compensation roughly $291,876 .
Making her the third highest paid employee for that year.
The top five salaries (including her's ) came to $1.5M .
And people wonder why college costs keep raising .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let's see Havard University in 1996 paid Elizabeth Warren in total compensation roughly $291,876 .
Making her the third highest paid employee for that year.
The top five salaries (including her's ) came to $1.5M .
And people wonder why college costs keep raising .
The costs keep rising because we hand out government backed loans to anyone who wants one. Why wouldn't they raise tuition?