TCD back to preload?

TG43

I've been a cover driver for 3 years. Lately I'm really fed up and have seriously considered quitting. I was just wondering how I would go about going back to preload? Is that a possibility?

TG43

If you're going to quit otherwise what do you have to lose?
My sanity? Jail time?

I checked with union stewart and he says they are allowed 1 person a year to go back to preload which we've had. I think there's more to that and will look into it more.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Then you are still a part-time employee. If that's the case I think you can say you no longer wish to drive and return to working in the building at your inside rate. I believe you would have to wait two years before being able to drive again but could be wrong.

So you never go back inside the building, just drive? If so are they adding a full-time position each year because of the number of days you drive as a TCD? I thinks it's 200 days driving to make them add an employee and 156 for you to get full-time vacation and holiday pay.

UPS Preloader

Needs to check your supplement. Where I am all you need to do not sign the list. Has no effect on you ability to sign a bid here.

Box Ox

If your base classification is still PT, go on back to the belt. Might even make me jealous if you tack on a sweet side gig.

Interesting that you're allowed to part timer drive as a TCD this time of year. I'm in a RTW state and TCDs don't run at all Jan 16-end of May.

Hellobrown2000

If your base classification is still PT, go on back to the belt. Might even make me jealous if you tack on a sweet side gig.

Interesting that you're allowed to part timer drive as a TCD this time of year. I'm in a RTW state and TCDs don't run at all Jan 16-end of May.
What supplement are you, I ask because it's the same here.

Over 70

Plenty of locals have reg temp drivers driving year around. In my local we all just start progression as a reg temp. You don't start at 75% of top rate.

It's nice we can work but sucks because progression really gets dragged out at that point...