TCD Question

Johnny C

I'm currently the top TCD in our center if there are days I don't want to work am I allowed to pass to a lower seniority cover driver who is not scheduled? I passed on two full time driver jobs because I also run an HVAC business and was under the impression I could pass to the lower cover drivers on days I didn't want to drive. I was just wondering if there were any official union rules on this?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All of our tcd are under part time seniority.
Exactly, they have PT seniority and classification seniority among themselves. If OP wants the day off over another TCD he should get it according to article 64 in the Southern supplement.
When on vacation the only get part time wages. Most work on their vacation
If you get 156 reports as a TCD, Vacation/Option/Holidays are paid at FT hours and TCD pay rate the following year. I'd like to see that number go down next contract.

Exactly, they have PT seniority and classification seniority among themselves. If OP wants the day off over another TCD he should get it according to article 64 in the Southern supplement.

If you get 156 reports as a TCD, Vacation/Option/Holidays are paid at FT hours and TCD pay rate the following year. I'd like to see that number go down next contract.
I would like to see all TCD classification eliminated and make UPS hire only FT package car drivers. Also eliminate Art 22.3 jobs also.