TCD to Full time

TexHeat

Hey I became TCD May '16 drove almost daily thru january or feb and got sent back to pre load, spoke to HR today about full time and was told that I would have to go back to training class?? Because i havent drove in 6 months or something. Is there anything that I could do to avoid that? What will happen to my TCD pay rate?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Hey I became TCD May '16 drove almost daily thru january or feb and got sent back to pre load, spoke to HR today about full time and was told that I would have to go back to training class?? Because i havent drove in 6 months or something. Is there anything that I could do to avoid that? What will happen to my TCD pay rate?
Why would you want to avoid a week of sitting in A/C for the training?
You don't have to qualify again.
You'll keep your 85% of top rate for your first 4 years of friend/T then bump up to top rate.

Southern Supplement
Article 49 Section 7
(E) Part-time coverage employees who complete a thirty (30) day qualifying period for a coverage position will not have to complete another probationary period if they are a successful bidder for a regular Full-time package car position. Additionally, he/she will not suffer a reduction in pay rate.

TexHeat

Why would you want to avoid a week of sitting in A/C for the training?
You don't have to qualify again.
You'll keep your 85% of top rate for your first 4 years of friend/T then bump up to top rate.

Southern Supplement
Article 49 Section 7
(E) Part-time coverage employees who complete a thirty (30) day qualifying period for a coverage position will not have to complete another probationary period if they are a successful bidder for a regular Full-time package car position. Additionally, he/she will not suffer a reduction in pay rate.

God bless you for that information!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
God bless you for that information!
You might want to try to calculate the number of days you worked as a TCD last year. If you worked almost every day May-Dec you might have just barely gotten 156 reports, which would earn you FT vacation hours at TCD rate for this year.

Brisket

If you had Worked Sat air at least once a week, I think you would have been ok ( not completely sure though) because there would not have been any break of you driving .