TDU gets spanked again

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

He ran for delegate.... and lost.

-Bug-
I saw.......I'm just surprised he got 400 votes......I wouldn't vote for him even if the job was to pickup after my dog......but then again tdu's pool of people to choose from is very small.....they have a guy running for sec tres that couldn't even win his own local after they saw his job performance

10 point

Then they complain that it's not enough, yet willingly take a 22.3 pay cut because it's easier.
"Easier" isn't the main reason our drivers have bid out of driving.

"Some" take the pay cut when bidding a 22.3 job because it's better hours for their family life. Typically (here) because they have young children and they can make it to their school events on time.

Gimme Danger

Probably because in the court of law it's called extortion. "Gimme 3 delegates or else!"
That's funny, since your idol was able to become po by a compromise in a local non-election, after winning a delegate election. I guess you only see things through your own eyes and ignore reality if it doesn't suit you.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That's funny, since your idol was able to become po by a compromise in a local non-election, after winning a delegate election. I guess you only see things through your own eyes and ignore reality if it doesn't suit you.
PO by a compromise? How so? Let's hear the history of that story.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
but then again tdu's pool of people to choose from is very small.....they have a guy running for sec tres that couldn't even win his own local after they saw his job performance

Actions.... speak louder than words. :biggrin:

Democracy is what it is.

Absolutely.

If you want to avoid the cost of an election in delegates, maybe compromise is necessary.

That is the biggest TDU chicken smilet.... threat going.

Most Locals, are smarter than that.

-Bug-

Gimme Danger

PO by a compromise? How so? Let's hear the history of that story.
It's simple really. SOB won the '06 delegate election in L25, I believe as a BA at the time. Then in the fall, cut a deal where he took president and RR got a job with the credit union. White ballot. There's probably more to it, but from an outside perspective, that's the summary.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It's simple really. SOB won the '06 delegate election in L25, I believe as a BA at the time. Then in the fall, cut a deal where he took president and RR got a job with the credit union. White ballot. There's probably more to it, but from an outside perspective, that's the summary.
More to it? Lol

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
What's cute about all these og vs tdu garbage posts is the fact that no matter who you support , vote for, like, hate, on and on, the teamster union is on its deathbed... Watch what happens when the pension cuts spread... Just keep blaming the other guy...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Probably because in the court of law it's called extortion. "Gimme 3 delegates or else!"
It's not a crime to say, if you give us 3 delegates and 2 alternates, we won't run a slate against you.

That's an offer they are free to accept or decline.

In my opinion, PK was stupid for not accepting that offer.

Or at least counter offer a lower number.

Would have saved the local $30k.