Teamcare 2018 Deductible

MAKAVELI

You have to remember we've never paid a health deductible, so this is new to us. Another only at UPS moment. Only at UPS can you find people who dont understand a health care deductible. Lol
Just busting your balls bro. I wish I didn't know what a deductible was.:happy2:

oldngray

nowhere special
Deductible is the yearly cost you have to pay out of pocket before the insurance kicks in to pay anything. Copay is the fixed charge for something like an office visit. Co-insurance is where you pay 20% and the insurance pays 80% after the prior conditions are met.

The details of plans vary and depends on your local contract language.

brownIEman

I didn't have it either until other people voted me into Teamcare, whether I wanted it or not.
Well, for your own sake, might I suggest that if you do go out on strike this next contract don't use "NO MORE $100 DEDUCTIBLES" as your fight slogan. You will get zero sympathy from the rest of the population.

brownIEman

$100?

You're not very informed, are you?

Sigh... There is always one in every crowd.
It was a jest you seriest. Use your health care coverage plan to get your sense of humor looked at.
But you are correct, I have no idea what the actual deductibles for Teamcare are, I just know what I have read
on this thread. The numbers on this thread are $100 and $200, and someone put up $200 and $400. Even if
it is $400, I would caution you from trying to play the martyr to the American public on that score...

"The average annual deductible for individual plans was $4,358 and the average deductible for family plans was $7,983."

Let that sink in. The average family plan requires a family to pay $7,983 before their insurance pays a dime. On second thought, demand an end to your deductible if it is $400, and go out on strike for it. There is a part of me that wants to see those signs up in August and watch the reactions...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sigh... There is always one in every crowd.
It was a jest you seriest. Use your health care coverage plan to get your sense of humor looked at.
But you are correct, I have no idea what the actual deductibles for Teamcare are, I just know what I have read
on this thread. The numbers on this thread are $100 and $200, and someone put up $200 and $400. Even if
it is $400, I would caution you from trying to play the martyr to the American public on that score...

"The average annual deductible for individual plans was $4,358 and the average deductible for family plans was $7,983."

Let that sink in. The average family plan requires a family to pay $7,983 before their insurance pays a dime. On second thought, demand an end to your deductible if it is $400, and go out on strike for it. There is a part of me that wants to see those signs up in August and watch the reactions...

I.e. Man still mad because he's paying for his own insurance

Lmao!!

brownIEman

I.e. Man still mad because he's paying for his own insurance

Lmao!!

I stand corrected. Sometimes there are 2 in every crowd.
As a former IE man and a former UPSer I assure you I am not mad a bit as I personally do not
pay a dime for my healthcare.

I was merely trying to point out in a humorous manner that if you go to war over a $100, $200, $400, whatever it is
deductible, you are likely to be seen as petty by the average American. But I am more and more kinda wanting to see
that, so strike on brother! Power to the worker!