Teamcare 2018 Deductible

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by davburke, Sep 11, 2017.

1. davburke

davburke Member

How is that $100 deductible on the final year of the contract paid? Do we receive a bill in the mail or what?

2. Lt. Aldo Raine

Lt. Aldo Raine Sound good?

It's 200 for a single person and 400 for a family.

3. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Yes, you get a bill from the people you went to see.

4. davburke

davburke Member

So let's say I don't see any doctor at all in 2018 Do I still need to pay a deductible that year?

5. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

No.

6. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

You pay 20% of the negotiated rate to the medical establishment, the plan pays the other 80%, until you pay your all your deductible.

7. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

GeeZus!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

$100 single, $200 family. It was lowered for anHOURover. FACT.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  9. Gear

Gear Parts on Order

You have to remember we've never paid a health deductible, so this is new to us. Another only at UPS moment. Only at UPS can you find people who dont understand a health care deductible. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Just busting your balls bro. I wish I didn't know what a deductible was.:happy2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Deductible is the yearly cost you have to pay out of pocket before the insurance kicks in to pay anything. Copay is the fixed charge for something like an office visit. Co-insurance is where you pay 20% and the insurance pays 80% after the prior conditions are met.

The details of plans vary and depends on your local contract language.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

What's a deductible? Is that something to do with snow? Ya we don't have that out here. :)

13. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I didn't have it either until other people voted me into Teamcare, whether I wanted it or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. brownIEman

brownIEman Active Member

Well, for your own sake, might I suggest that if you do go out on strike this next contract don't use "NO MORE $100 DEDUCTIBLES" as your fight slogan. You will get zero sympathy from the rest of the population.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Gear

Gear Parts on Order

Me too. My favorite, only at UPS moment, is still the driver who had a suspended license from a dui asking why he cant drive. Lol.

16. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

$100?

You're not very informed, are you?

17. brownIEman

brownIEman Active Member

Sigh... There is always one in every crowd.
    It was a jest you seriest. Use your health care coverage plan to get your sense of humor looked at.
    But you are correct, I have no idea what the actual deductibles for Teamcare are, I just know what I have read
    on this thread. The numbers on this thread are $100 and $200, and someone put up $200 and $400. Even if
    it is $400, I would caution you from trying to play the martyr to the American public on that score...

"The average annual deductible for individual plans was $4,358 and the average deductible for family plans was $7,983."

Let that sink in. The average family plan requires a family to pay $7,983 before their insurance pays a dime. On second thought, demand an end to your deductible if it is $400, and go out on strike for it. There is a part of me that wants to see those signs up in August and watch the reactions...

18. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

$100, $200, or $400???

I would like to know why this was seen as a necessity in 2013-14?....

.....and why it should not be seen as a concession?

19. burrheadd

burrheadd Be The Ball

I.e. Man still mad because he's paying for his own insurance

Lmao!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. brownIEman

brownIEman Active Member

I stand corrected. Sometimes there are 2 in every crowd.
    As a former IE man and a former UPSer I assure you I am not mad a bit as I personally do not
    pay a dime for my healthcare.

I was merely trying to point out in a humorous manner that if you go to war over a $100, $200, $400, whatever it is
    deductible, you are likely to be seen as petty by the average American. But I am more and more kinda wanting to see
    that, so strike on brother! Power to the worker!