Teamcare and a gym

FeeDerp

Does anyone here have a membership to a gym and tried to get teamcare to reimburse them some if not all of their membership fees?

I've read that some plans now offer this as a benefit, and others may not have language on it but may cover some costs on a person to person basis.

Haven't asked teamcare yet, just asking here first

rod

Retired 22 years
It always puzzled me that while working and after retiring gym membership wasn't covered. You would think a healthy person would be cheaper in the long run to cover than one who isn't healthy. We paid $42 a month for a Husband/Wife YMCA membership from the time I retired until I turned 65. Now its included (mine is anyway) in my supplemental insurance plan.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It always puzzled me that while working and after retiring gym membership wasn't covered. You would think a healthy person would be cheaper in the long run to cover than one who isn't healthy. We paid $42 a month for a Husband/Wife YMCA membership from the time I retired until I turned 65. Now its included (mine is anyway) in my supplemental insurance plan.
Makes sense to me but flu shots aren't even covered under teamcare.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Because the number of people that would go would be slim to none.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Roids should be covered too. Gotta bulk up fast!

ronald.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lmfao. Do 50 push-ups before work for free. You will be better off.....
Never understood people paying an annual fee. Had a gym like .1 miles from work that the center manager and a bunch of drivers worked out at. They said they would give us a discount.

I went to sign up. Well the discount is we wave your $300 sign up fee. I laughed at them said there was zero chance I was paying that anyway and to try again.

Knocked $10 a month off.